No exp CDL with no hazmat

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by solum, Apr 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solum

solum Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Good evening! I am looking to work for a company that will work with me. I have had the opportunity to grow up on a crop farm in central Arkansas my entire life. With this came the chance to drive just about everything you can think of on the farm.

Now I'm grown, had the same job in customer service for 13 years, and decided I wanted to get my CDL I rented a truck and got it by myself. I have had it for almost 2 months, but have no verifiable experience with it. I have doubles/triples and tanker endorsement. I did not attend any driving school, as I couldn't afford to quit my job with a wife and kids.

I'd love to run something with a hopper bottom, as I want to get into that with my own equipment one day. I'd be alright with being gone and doing a 5/2 or 4/3 schedule if the money is worth it. I am not stuck on any one thing, flat bed also peaks my interest. If you're interested in someone like me, please do not hesitate to contact me!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Do you still speak with the farmer (I would assume your father)? If he could vouch for your driving experience, you are 23 years of age, and you were willing to give reefer a try, I could probably work something out. It would be 5/2 for most of our drivers, but if you aren't in the prime hiring zones, it would be 2-3 weeks out. Are you still in AR? If so, where? That will determine if I can help.

4. solum

solum Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Just south of Little Rock. It was my father.

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    In your area, that would be 2-3 weeks out, not 5 days. Sorry. Just a lack of customers in the area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.