No food! No water or bathroom and expected to stay in truck

Discussion in 'Swift' started by bluebonn, Jan 16, 2011.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'd say Swift figured him making you stay outside because he didn't want you to see him smoking pot. Drug Test! :)

That was my first though too. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Lady K, Injun and chompi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Like I stated before this guy should not be a mentor. A mentor should train you properly how to operate the truck and do a pre-trip. No matter what anyone says a pre-trip is important and as you can see what happened at the end it was much needed on his truck.

I know truckers do U-turns and one can be done safely. Doing them with a student on the truck should not be allowed. Forcing a student to drive down a one way is not what I would think a mentor should even consider doing.

The impression I got from this guy is he has leased a truck and the only way he can afford to pay for it is by becoming a mentor. He has worked for Swift for 11 years so he is no rookie

I'm just happy to finally be off the truck.

Buckeye 'bedder Thanks this.
  4. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Maybe the mentor's name just came up randomly. Stating that, I cannot understand why any person who works in a profession where drug testing is done, especially on a random basis, would even consider taking illegal drugs. I'm not speaking in regards to whether I think it is or isn't okay to take recreational drugs; only the lack of common sense of professional license holders not protecting their livlihood. Many times I read in the state board of nursing bulletins, nurses names listed as having their licenses suspended or revoked for "diverting medication for personal use", etc.. During the earlier years of my career, I witnessed colleagues (nurses, aides, etc.) smoking pot at parties. Before moving the hell away from them (I was paranoid about second hand pot smoke) I would ask "why on earth they did that knowing #### well that they could get busted at any time by a random test?" After being scolded for being a "buzz kill" or being asked "are you going to be a snitch", they had that "It's cool, man, don't worry about it. They aren't going to check" attitude that we have when we are younger. I always thought "hey, I'm not worried. It's your life to screw up as you wish." I was amazed at the stupidity and risk they took for a buzz that would last an hour or so. Definitely seen most often in the younger age groups when we believe we are infallible.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I particularly love the newbies coming into orientation who get sent home the next day for failing drug test...after their recruiters told them there was gonna be a pre-employment "whiz quiz"!!:biggrin_2559:

Sometimes, TSTFL!!

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  6. cbigmuthatrucker

cbigmuthatrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    baltimore ,maryland
    that trainer sounds like a idiot im glad i never had a trainer i think i would have had to punch that bone head in the mouth or something dam that really burns my butt

7. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    I know of 2 guys that went to Swift Academies, passed the drug test there, and went thru the 3 weeks clean. They went home during the break between school and orientation and got wasted, not knowing there would be another u/a at orientation.:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Again...TSTFL! I have zero sympathy for anyone who fails a urinalysis unless it's a false positive. Yes, that does happen from time to time, and can be fought with an immediate blood test. In my opinion, every positive u/a should be followed up with a blood test just to be sure.

Tapeworm and Lady K Thank this.
  9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Ok, brsims...for us old fogeys who don't know all the texting shorthand: "TSTFL"......???

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Due to my blood pressure I only had a 1 year DOT card. I took it again at Swift in January got a 2 year.

I was not drug tested. I did get pulled for a random 1 or 2 months after going solo.

11. WileyHunter

WileyHunter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Batesville, IN

Injun,

Not 100% positive, but I believe it's Too Stupid To ########## Live:biggrin_2554:

Injun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.