No food! No water or bathroom and expected to stay in truck

Discussion in 'Swift' started by bluebonn, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    This story is a demonstration of how we take care of each other. Why would that make you want to back out?

PM me with concerns and questions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    He doesn't have enough posts to PM, will have to relay through a mod. :biggrin_25525:

Injun Thanks this.
  4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    FIXED

Perhaps a career as an educator? English teacher? :biggrin_2559:

5. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Why on Earth are you driving on ice? Wanting to end your career early?

Park it "super trucker." No load is worth your life or other people's lives.

6. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    He was on Swift's simulator.

Maybe you need the educator.

Ever hear of context?

Follow along now. Sorry the site isn't equipped with a bouncing ball for you.

Injun, inkeper, AZS and 2 others Thank this.
  7. freightliner18257

freightliner18257 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    chicago il
    Hey congrats on everything glad to see your having fun so far what truck did they put you in a Volvo, Binder, or Freightshaker

8. Blood

Blood Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    KCMO
    I'm hip!
    He shoulda hit the lift thrusters & flew right over it. :Liner:
    :yes2557:

Rookies, huh. :biggrin_25516:
    :biggrin_25523:

9. turnanburn

turnanburn Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2011
    central Vermont
    Great thread. Happy ending. But most of all--thanks for the humanity. In our supposedly cold cruel world to see that others have your back when needed is just nice.

10. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Got my second load going up to Conway AR and then back down through Austin where I live. get to see the kiddo's for a few hours.

Got my simulator class and log class done on Friday and rolled out today. On the simulator I only hit one girl and a barricade but I passed.:biggrin_25520: So I get up to Conway and the load does not pick up until tomorrow so I stopped at a Restaurant and ordered me some Pork Chops and the 19 year old girl started telling me about her having sex on a trampoline.

I don't know what brought this up but It sounded pretty interesting. Then I went over to Loves and had to do my first blind side in 17 years. Thank god another truck driver was helping me along the way. Blind side right into an angled parking spot with the Loves building right in front of me where I could not pull up far enough.

I pulled it off and now enjoying a few hours on the internet. When I was in Lancaster I picked me up a usb modem with Sprint and it works great.

Man I sure am enjoying myself out here after going solo. I am still learning the company side of things all in all every one I have met working for Swift has been extremely nice except for the guy who asked me what happened to my trailer I brought in.

Told him dunno I was told to drop it and now it's gone of the lot. He looked at me like it was my responsibility to find the trailer. Hmm It's gone man I checked for 30 minutes.

Funny how the whole time I was with the trainer after you accepted a pre-plan then the load information would come through. Not with me! I had to ask for mine. Then they asked me why was the first load late and I told them it was not late it was 4 hours early.

Then he said all you forgot to do your loaded call? I said no look at the screen you will see I did my loaded call at 7PM the night before. They finally figured it out and all is well.

I did my loaded call, arrived at final destination and then my empty call so I do not know how they thought the load was late.

Just small little stuff like this but over-all I am very happy with Swift so far. especially the drivers. The other drivers have been a tremendous help to me and I thank them all for taking the time to answer all my questions.

I was told I should carry a gallon of oil on my truck and that all I had to do was go to the shop and they will give it to me. Went to the shop and said I need some oil for my truck. They said do you have a container? I said no. Well we cannot give you any oil if you don't have anything to put it in.

I said OK where do I get a container at? They said go to a truck stop and by a gallon of oil then you will have your container. Hmm . I got to pay for the oil first just to get a container?

I don't think so. So another driver gave me a jug filled with antifreeze. Now if I can figure out what to do with the antifreeze.:biggrin_25513:

AS of right now everything is sweet and having fun jammin out to some 80's rock!!

spuddatruckdriver Thanks this.
  11. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Good stuff bluebonn, I got a 1200 miler for my first load so I'm still on that. Tough day though, comdata card got declined at my very first fuel stop and took an hour to sort that. 50 miles down the road ran into the worst dust storm I've ever seen. Everyone was stopped on I10 at one point because you couldn't see a foot in front of you. I got a good pic of it.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.