No Home Time as stated by PTL truck Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by the roadrunner, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    MMMMM very possible.Kind of like the wannabes knows all there is to know about trucking huh?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. conanj30

conanj30 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Maryland Heights, MO
    Highballin you're jumping in this conversation a little late. I always get a kick out of people that don't pay attention and then stick their foot in their mouths. Maybe you should go back and re-read the posts.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe. Or the way they write, is the way they look at jobs, and present themselves to the world. They don't bother to double check, they do things shoddy, or half azzed, or incomplete, they don't care about their appearance, to customers, and others. Then, when they get let go, or something happens, it's someone else's fault. Or it's a lousy company.

Just an observation.....

5. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Lonesome, I took your advice - now I'm in the darn hospital with a concussion! Why ever would you give such dangerous advice?

6. goin2fast10

goin2fast10 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Where I want to be
    You could sue for not having a "warning" label.:smt102

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I can't take credit for that one, it's the Lovin' Spoonful song "Darling, be Home Soon". Besides, they have deeper pockets.....:biggrin_2559:

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

I don't think truckers will ever be considered "professional" in grammer or vocation. Put a bunch of Rhodes Scholars behind the wheel of a truck and they would still be seen as truck drivers. And what would be wrong with that? Many writers would be clueless trying to drive a truck, but I don't think less of them because of it. They do what they do, and I do what I do and together it makes life function.

Personally I do not need others to validate my worthiness in society. I own a nicely furnished home and 3 cars and have no debt other then my mortgage. Many PHD's out there drowning in debt with only a piece of paper for their efforts in life. And I could really care less what some stranger thinks about me or my job.

If you are happy with yourself, and what you are doing, it matters not what others think.

jlkklj777 Thanks this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I agree. Imagine being in dispatch and trying to decipher messages from some of these guys. And dispatchers aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer either which surely doesn't help matters.

10. Dwike

Dwike Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2006
    As stated in previous thread, the home time is very true. A friend of mine stayed out for a month to make sure to get his home time on time as he had to go to court. he put in for his hometime earlier, so he'd be sure to get in before court date. You guessed it, they didn't get him there. AND they were told a month ahead of time and reminded a week ahead of time. Did they care, heck no>This place is the worst for not caring about drivers.

11. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    But it's not to hard before hitting the save button to reread your post, do a spell check and just make sure it actually reads well. Even those of us with less than a high school education can do that and I'm one! 9.5 years! GED for 12! I'm pretty sure all of my posts can be understood and read with out having to reread it to figure out what was said! Well unless I get to rambling which some of us older cancer patients who took a pot full of radiation to the head tend to do..like I'm doing now! Now if only the spell checker would work better without having to hit edit!

Now that we've completely gotten off topic and hijacked this thread lets find out more about PTL!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.