No jobs in florida

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bigarmin88, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Ok,the pass 6 months now,I havent found much otr or any trucking jobs here in Fl.Whats going on here?:biggrin_2551:I called lots of companys,but the ones that are hiring in Fl are hiring eather Orlando north or north of Tampa area.I live about 40 miles south of Tampa,but they all said no.:biggrin_25510:So im heading to werner I got a bad feeling that my hometime will be bad,but what can I do.Do anyone think about 6 months to a year from now things will get better? Any idea?:biggrin_25511:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Ive always heard that freight go's into Florida, but nothing comes out..?? Personaly, that is one State Ive never gone into. We have Crete drivers living there, and I know a guy from US Xpress living there, but I'm not sure exactly where... I would say get on with WERNER and put in some time, and ask around with others while gaining experience, you may find some companies that hire out of your area.. Good Luck to you

Bigarmin88 Thanks this.
  4. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Since you have posted this same basic thread multiple times already, it shows me that you already have your mind made up that Werner is the place for you. People(including myself) have given you multiple alternatives and yet you say that nobody will hire you except Werner. Well sorry pal, but I know better. So...crap or jump off the toilet. Go to work for Werner already so you can come back on here and amuse us with your stories of how badly Werner sux.

Ldhenderson Thanks this.
  5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Since I live in FL, I have done my research for myself and others. I know the following companies hire in FL:

Crete
    US Express
    ATS
    TMC
    Paper Transport Inc.(requires 3yrs)
    Heartland Express
    Raven (requires experience)
    McGriff (requires 1yr OTR)
    Davis Express (requires 2yrs)
    Roehl
    McLane Distribution
    Publix
    Knight Transportation
    Star Transport
    Convenant
    Celadon
    Prime Inc
    Werner
    JB Hunt
    Schneider
    Southern Refridge
    May Trucking Company

I do not know the hiring areas of these companies but I am sure they hire where you are. Get on with Werner and keep looking. Like the guy said, we have been offering you plenty of options.

KH

6. onionbuster

onionbuster Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2008
    California
    Hey Eskimo.. Don't beat around the bush... Tell the guy how it is.

7. kittykat

kittykat Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    florida
    well the one's that r hiring which r very few are North of tampa and Orlando.
    how bad do you want to drive?
    you can't alway's get what you want.
    scratch J.B. no hire in Fl.
    Work off the phone book and good luck,,,this state is dried up.

8. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl

oc83baker Thanks this.
  9. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    I did called lots of companys,but most that are hiring in florida,are north of tampa.Just going get some exp and may move on to better company.Thanks for the replys.

10. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    You dont know my issue,I cant get in most companys is becouse I been out of trucking over a year,and since I only had less than 3 months of exp,they all told me to take a cdl-a refresher program.If I had $1700 bucks to take a refesher I would.

11. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    I take it you live down by ft myers fl?...if i were you and you should no me by now,i would go look for local work doing anything you can and enjoy all florida has to offer.all the beuty,beaches and live a good life in florida.my own opinion of course.but over the road trucking is not all there is to do in life.you must have a skill,a niche something you can do to enjoy your time in florida.....have a nice day and by the way look on craigs list...here is the link.they have jobs there too...good luck...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.