No More Cars At Buick For The U.S.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Dec 4, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We quit going to our dealership in Searcy earlier this year for a incident involving a busted cell phone charger stuck in our cigerette lighter.

Called them up and they say it's 110.00 for someone to evaluate the thing and diagnose a recommended repair, with repair charges to follow starting at 75.00 plus parts.

BS!

We found a smaller shop in town that yanked the thing out for free and checked the function for a tiny amount of dollars. Done.

If the vehicle should suffer something fatal? Requiring dealership fix? essentially F' it salvage it goes and we get another. Not new. Used. We are buried in several thousand used cars every week here in this region.

mjd4277 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, i knew AM General built them, but if i recall, that is a division of GM?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hummer brand[edit]
    In 1992 AM General began marketing the HUMVEE to the civilian market under the Hummer brand.

In 1999 they sold the rights to the Hummer brand to General Motors.

It continued production of the original civilian Hummer (marketed by GM as the H1) until June 2006 when it ceased production.[9]

AM General built a separate factory to build a new Hummer H2, designed by and marketed by General Motors. The vehicle went on the market in 2002, and was produced under contract to GM until January 2009. AM General did not build the Hummer H3, and the firm was not part of General Motors Corporation.

GM was sued early in 2003 by DaimlerChrysler, owners of the Jeep brand, for the Hummer's seven slot grille which resembled the design DaimlerChrysler argued consumers associated with Jeep vehicles.[10] The lawsuit was dismissed due to the past corporate history involving AMC and Jeep.[citation needed]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so this is why, i thought they built the Hummers (civilians models) on the Suburban chassis....

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, i know, and unless a person buys an ACTUAL Humvee, all they are buying is an expensive knock off, that can;t do crap, like a military one can.

all they do/did in my opinion was suck up gas and maybe ride a bit more cushy.

too many morons, that CANNOT drive or back up a tiny car, were buying those monsters, and still NOT able to drive and back up......morons, "just to be cool".......

mjd4277 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    They are actually quite different. I've worked on several and own a 04 suburban, they are nothing alike except for the 6.0 engine.

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ok, for what ever reason, (maybe) i thought the earlier made ones had that chassis, then they made thier own.

ya know, sometimes you "hear something, about something", and it stays with you forever...

like when i heard my wife and me say that one day..."i do".......cuz I DID...!!!!!!

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    maybe this is what i had heard, about being on the same chassis..??

GM purchase[edit]
    In December 1999, AM General sold the brand name to General Motors, but continued to manufacture the vehicles.[11] GM was responsible for the marketing and distribution of all civilian HUMMERs produced by AM General. Shortly thereafter, GM introduced two of its own design models, the H2 and H3, and renamed the original vehicle H1. AM General continued to build the H1 until it was discontinued in 2006,[12] and was contracted by GM to produce the H2. The H3 was built in Shreveport, LA alongside the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups, with which it shared the GMT-355 platform (modified and designated GMT-345). HUMMER dealership buildings featured an oversized half Quonset Hut style roof, themed to the HUMMER brand's military origins.[13]

mjd4277 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Yes the h3 shared some parts but is still wildly different than a Colorado/canyon. It was a common misconception that the H1/2 were a suburban also, I actually thought the h2 was a suburban until I had one up on the lift and realized not one single thing resembled my suburban.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Its already happening.Ford made a big mistake!

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i really think so as well....they had small and mid-sized cars that were selling and popular, like the Taurus, Focus, and Fusion. it gave die hard Ford fans choices.

GM is getting rid of the Buick cars, Chevy i believe is getting rid of the Impala, then the Cruz, then the Malibu..oj, i can see getting rid of the cruize, it IS a POS.... but the Impala and Malibu ain't that bad, and how many are going to flock to the local chevy dealer to buy camaros..??

about as many that will flock to Ford and buy mustangs......hardly any....

i personally think, that the car makers Honda, Toyota, Hundai, and Kia and maybe Mitsubishi, will fare better, if not more so, in the coming years, by offering sedans and maybe a coupe model or 2.

drvrtech77 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    oh good god almighty.....

all the makers of cars, trucks, motorbikes, and others, use wires that the insulation is made from soy beans....great, this is why mice, and other rodents chew our wires under the hoods.

now, Ford, has a better idea, where a rodent (and maybe other animals), can EAT THE CAR NOW...!!!!!!!

Ford making cars out of coffee

so go ahead and buy those expensive, fancy, schmancy SUV's...then explain to the insurance agent, why your beloved EXPENSIVE SUV was eaten....

coming soon to your local Ford dealer...Mc Mustang, Mc. Continental, Mc.Explorer

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.