No more CATS!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by SPIKE 64, Jun 12, 2008.

1. SPIKE 64

SPIKE 64 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    San Antonio tx.
    CAT announces it is exiting the On Road engine market!

Today CAT (NYSE CAT) announced that it will not only exit the "On Road" truck engine market for 2010 and beyond, but will begin offereing it's own brand of Severe Service trucks with CAT brand engines for military, off-road, mining and other uses.

The report also indicates that Navistar will provide the basic truck to CAT built to their specifications, and that CAT will share engine technology with the Navistar Engine Group.
    Complete Story from Retuers: http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080612?rpc=44

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

cat made the move into military awhile ago....all of the newer lmtv and fmtv's have a c7 at 300 to 330 hp (the cabover looking things)

4. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh i like my single turbo 2003 motor anyway, i guess ill be the only 60 year old man driving a 2003 or older truck in 2040, ill be the one fighting the MAN and people will call me a crazy ole cook for driving and polluting the air when they all fly in their jetsons cars :biggrin_25523:

5. SPIKE 64

SPIKE 64 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    San Antonio tx.
    Well I guess its time we all remove our (DUSTY) CAT cap's and bow our heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Well can you blame them? It cost so much to please the tree huggers With the military its not so bad.Kind of wierd that Cat and Navastar are going together.And with fuel prices there will not be a lot of trucks sold with high HP sold.Most companys buy Detroit or Cummins.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.