No parts?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Oscar the KW, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Get on the phone and start scrounging around yourself. I had to get in my car and drive over a hundred miles to get the last EGR cooler in the state of Georgia last month. Last week I had to detour over three hundred miles in the middle of a trip to get an inlet NOX sensor.

That EGR cooler was a reman and they wanted a $580 core charge. They really want the old ones back.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Parts made here are back ordered because they can't get the workers.

I have a few trailers i'm stripping the parts off of while waiting on new parts. A small company i know has 12 trailers sitting waiting on parts.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Better get used to it. Shortages include, but not limited to, pocket change ( yep, shortage of change) rental cars, almost futile, rental trucks, same thing, food ( bread, frozen food coolers empty, etc) they blame it on the virus, and that might be partially true, but more like, and your parts are more than likely sitting in a warehouse in Phoenix, there's just nobody to physically take it out of or put it in a box and ship it or put it on a freakin' shelf. There may be frozen foods "in the back" at Walmart, but nobody wants to get their hands cold stocking it,,,I kid you not! My Walmart is offering $15/hr. part time to stock, and can't find ANYONE. Managers are stocking the shelves. Tip of the iceberg, friends, we haven't seen the half of it. I think, in the not so distant future, the more we can get away from actual people doing menial jobs will be the way to go. Until then, and it may be a while, I wish you all that depend on shipments to exist, the best of luck with the future. In my wildest dreams, I never thought things would get this bad,,,but here we are.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Opus, Kyle G. and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    Well, your Governor is an idiot. I know this because I always see the bumper stickers that say: “My Governor is an idiot” LOL!

JoeyJunk and 201 Thank this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    No foolin',,,yeah, Colorado ,I'm ready to go back to the UP, der hey. If there ever was a poster child for the saying, the right hand not knowing( or caring) what the left hand is doing, Colorado is it! Being careful what I say, if you know his views, and who elected him, this is what happens. Too many conflicts, and nothing gets done.

JoeyJunk and dirthaller Thank this.
  7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I had to wait two weeks to get an oil pump for n14. My parts guy told me there are few hundred people in line to get an overhaul kit.

8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Parts guy at a local dealer told me today that brake shoes are going to be going up in price soon. If you need some in the near future you might want to go ahead and get them now.

Tire shop that I always use says Michelin tires will be going up 7% July 1st.

jamespmack, Magoo1968 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I just bought an 01 with a N14 in it today. I hope it lasts me a good while before needing anything.

jamespmack, Magoo1968, DUNE-T and 3 others Thank this.
  10. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    That didn’t take long!!

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Direct result of paying lazy ####s to sit at home instead of working.

Opus, mitrucker, jamespmack and 14 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.