No power Detroit 14l

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by albert0716, May 24, 2019.

1. albert0716

albert0716 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2019
    need some help guys. I have a 05 Columbia Detroit 14l. While driving truck suddenly lost power and could barely do 40 mph empty. Truck has been down for 6 weeks now and they still can’t figure it out. No codes or faults l. Injectors are good. Seems like the turbo isn’t going. Already replaced the v pod, turbo, actuator and fuel pump. Any help would be appreciated. Starting to get low on funds. Thanks a lot

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Could the go pedal be bad? The engine only does what it is asked. If it is not asked that is not a fault code. Can you work with it and see if it does better on cruise?
    What equipment do they use for diagnostics?

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  4. albert0716

May 15, 2019
    Besides trial and error I’m not sure to be honest. I just need to get my truck out of there and take it somewhere else

5. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    i have a new turbo for sale for cheap if you need it. ati detroit s475

6. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Sounds like EGR valve is stuck open or faulty.

spsauerland and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Why would he buy your turbo when he already just put a new one on, if you bothered to read his post. Also he has a ddec5, your turbo wouldn't even work on there without programming the ECM. I'm sure he just wants to get his truck running at this point and time, no?

8. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    relax. what the hell is your problem. omg sorry to upset you

9. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    WTF!! This really ticks me off! I wish that I had chance to diagnose and work on Series 60 only. That engine, in one form or another has been around for 25 or so years. Sounds like "they" are just throwing parts at it. Take your truck to someone who knows diagnostic process. Hell, bring it to me in Detroit, and I will diagnose for free for you.

Y-L and swaan Thank this.
  10. albert0716

May 15, 2019
    I’ll have them take a look at the egr valve. It sure is frustrating. Just bought this truck 7 months ago to go on my own and really just need to get it back on the road. Thanks for the help.

swaan Thanks this.
  11. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    No ones upset. And dont tell me to relax.
    My problem? My problem? Ok I'll bite.
    The guys clearly down and out and would just like his truck fixed and you come a long and offer him a turbo that won't even work on his engine nor does he even need. The only person this helps is you. There is a classified section if you need to sell stuff that bad.

benjamin260_6 and spsauerland Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.