No Restroom wth???? Has it happened to you?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by RIBS, Jun 9, 2009.

1. RIBS

RIBS Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Ward , Arkansas
    I was at a Shipper the other day got there arround 12:45 my load was spose to be ready # 14:00

Ok no joke:biggrin_2552: i got out of there # 22:00 and they (LG) Fort Worth.TX

Would not let anyone in the building to use the restroom.

I drank very little that day and ate nothing, to avoid a accident.

Does anyone know if that's legal for them to do that.

I mean a portable toilet would be enough.

There are deffinatly health issues here. And i have seen restrooms with signs saying

"NO TRUCK DRIVERS ALLOWED EMPLOYEE'S ONLY RESTROOM"

Have any of you experienced this at shipper or recievers?

:biggrin_25510: I wonder if the health dept cares that were being denied.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    Well with the condition that some so called professional drivers like to leave restrooms in can you really blame them?

Off hand I cant say that I have ever seen anything that required a restroom to be provided. Its probably one of those things that will vary from state to state has far has laws go. Has for not letting drivers into the building that can also be security, safety, or insurances issues.

4. RIBS

RIBS Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Ward , Arkansas
    To be honest i dont think that most of the mess you find at "TRAVEL CENTERS" is from truck drivers, i think that most of that mess is from the genral public.

I have seen young punks go into stalls and piss everywhere,, no respect and they know there not going to be back there,, truckers know there here today there tomorrow and most i would like to think have some respect for the next person that is going to use the toilet.

It's a shi** Subject....

5. GAPrincess

GAPrincess Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2009
    That doesn't sound right, but I have no idea what the laws are.
    IMHO If they are not going to allow you to use their bathrooms; then they need to be ontime, everytime. Making you wait 8 hours is unacceptable.:biggrin_25510:

6. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Light Load Member

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.
    they can do whatever they want and make any law they want in "THEIR OWN" building, I kniw it's kinda messed up but that's the way it is! anyway, why didn;t you just go and pee somewhere else like in the back of the building or something?

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    As disgusting as it may be, this is a prime example for why some drivers use pee bottles.

8. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    I have been to a couple that won't allow entry into the building but they at least had Porta Potty's for the drivers to use. Guess they have the same view as most of the general public's view of us we are not even worth allowing to use a normal restroom. Pretty sad excuse for a business if you ask me.:biggrin_2552:

9. GRAYMATTERS

GRAYMATTERS Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Colorado
    And with the new SCR systems coming online (UREA being a component of urine), we could just pizz in the the SCR tank!!!!......lmfao

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I got to a dock at 1 in the afternoon. I did not leave the dock until 2:30 am and they refused to allow access to the restroom. It was -16 and not inclined to walk to nearest location.

Another note, end of the week, Supposed to have been a drop and hook. No food in truck headed home.

11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Come on now people, are you messin' with my mind, or what. Are you that polite that you would not just wee wee 'tween truck/trailer as you do on an on-ramp? No wee wee bottle in your sleeper? Just out of curiosity, where did you end up going wee wee when you got out of there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.