no start issue, think auto shutdown engaged......

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by babygirlfox, Mar 20, 2018.

1. babygirlfox

babygirlfox Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2017
    without having a ddr to change settings n disengage shutdown, is there a way to bypass this whole thing at least to be able to start truck? please any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    disconnect batteries for 5 minutes
    reboot electronics.

babygirlfox Thanks this.
  4. babygirlfox

Dec 16, 2017
    we tried that, we have power going in ecm no power out. we have fuel all up to secondary. it ran when it was parked to fix an oil leak (thrust plate o-ring). got it all back together and won't start. the timing is on. i think the auto shutdown is engaged not allowing the truck to start? is there a way w/o having a ddr, to bypass/jump wires making the ecm think no auto shutdown, like it's not there.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    This isn't a problem for a forum, take it to a shop or have a mechanic who has experience with that engine come out to see what's what.

babygirlfox Thanks this.
  6. babygirlfox

Dec 16, 2017
    don't see why not, that's what these forums are for, to collect info from others w/o getting screwed over by experienced mechanics in the first place. but i do thank you for your advice. i'm just choosing not to take it.

7. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    So experienced mechanics screw all others over? I would be more concerned about the ones without experience.
    I thank that 12.7 would start with most every sensor unplugged except the SRS and TRS? It has been a while. Do you know how to read flash codes? Sometimes a little joy juice will bring them to life. Only about counting 1001-1002 in the air filter housing. If it fires you let off the start button, the voltage goes up and I thank the low voltage disconnect resets. If not pump fuel through the head first.

04 LowMax and pushbroom Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.