No Tarping Station-No Tarping?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Working Class Patriot, May 26, 2012.

1. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I load out of Cemex near Xenia/fairborn OH and they will help you roll out your tarps and use a hoist system to pull the tarps up over your load for you, then you can pull outside and bungee the tarps. that's not too terrible, doesn't take much longer than if I would do it myself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    PM was on the default mode.....Changed it....

4. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Also....We are all here fighting about the same battle....

I appreciate help with folding tarps and I will help another driver out too.....

If you see a newbie or, even an old hand having a tough time with tarping....Instead of mocking or ignoring them....How about lending a hand....

Hott Rodd Thanks this.
  5. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I agree wcp, I'll help anyone roll tarps or tarp aslong as I have my own stuff taken care of. I dont care how old they are or what company they work for.

6. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I agree and passing anything on helpful does do wonders, had helped a driver redo a tarp in California last week. Not that I knew anymore than he did but being new to tarping and was struggling in high winds he just needed a hand, he was very thankful and I was glad to help a fellow driver out.

Working Class Patriot Thanks this.
  7. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I was offered 3 loads this weekend that paid around $4.25 a mile but required tarps. I only have a steel tarp that i carry to cover some plate loads I find every now and then. If it requires anything more than a 4' drop and is over 16' long I just turn them down. Not worth it in my opinion.

DrtyDiesel and aiwiron Thank this.
  8. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    That rate at what miles?

I have a set of 4's.....a set of 6's....and a 10' X 10' smoke tarp....The 8's stay home.....

My experience....99% of the time 8's are required for a load....They are cheap and heavy....

9. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    You missing the point! If YOU fall off YOUR trailer it's YOUR problem! You act as if your an iron worker spending 12hrs 100' off the ground. Your only up there long enough to roll the tarps out, assuming you rolled them up correctly last time you used them that takes less than 5 minutes. How about some personal responsibility? If someone can't handle tarping in all weather conditions they have more than enough options.
    1.haul ONLY no tarp loads!
    2.buy a conestoga
    3.pull a van!

It's not that difficult, however it seems everyone thinks the shipper should cater to them. If I'm a shipper and a driver shows up and insists on help tarping after they accepted the load they need to turn their truck around and leave. As a trucking company I've bought 13 conestogas so me or my drivers never have to break a sweat tarping. That's called personal responsibility, I spent $180,000+ to keep from throwing rags ever again, I didn't expect the shipper to do it for me! Just irritates me when people want to inconvenience the many to help the few.

A local steel processor put electric roll tarps on all their sidekits to help reduce injuries. (over 200 trucks) I guess according to some all the places they haul to/from should have just paid someone to help each one with their tarps instead doing it themselves.

osokusmc and sewerman Thank this.
  10. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Jfaulk is that precision strip? I see that some of their trucks have the electric arms on their side kits.

11. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Yeah thats who he's talking about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.