Nominations for worst co. To drive for in three decades. Heartland express # 1.

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by seekingwork101, Aug 24, 2013.

1. seekingwork101

seekingwork101 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I/We nominate HEARTLESS EXPRESS, INC. Yes.....That was the name given by its drivers many years ago. In my book, this is the worst company ever, to have worked for. Demand their drivers to drive trough back roads, so as not to pay for tolls. Do the drivers get paid for those extra miles? Absolutely NOT!!! Are you kidding me? Drivers are forced into driving hundreds of miles extra, with no pay. Even during the middle of the night, with horribly bad directions.

While the operations dept. breaths down the throats of their drivers to make sure their loads get delivered on time, the safety dept. can call any time to fire you, for what they call "LogBook Falsification" Once they do that, you will not be able to find work in this profession, anywhere else.

Please.....For your own well being, both financial and emotional......Stay as far away as possible from this company. They are vindictive---even without reason.
    They will make your life as a driver, a living hell. Please don't fall under their trap. And they use many traps.....It is not worth your integrity, your hard work, your peace of mind, and your finances. In the short term it will be O.K., but please trust me when I say this. They operate very much like the mafia. Eventually they will offer you a gift that you can't refuse. And.......Once they have done that.....Welll.........Your life, in more ways than one, will be ruined. For how long, nobody knows. Yes, they will leave you with your physical life. However, your professional life as a driver, will come to an end. To say that they are ruthless thugs, is an understatement.

How I wish now, to have had someone telling the above, or to have someone given me advice about them. If they offer you a job as a driver, do yourselves a favor. Don't walk away from them....RUN!!!!!! RUN as fast as you can. Not doing so will only take you to a place filled with regrets.

Coastline and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Who is we at the begining and I am sure that you will be turning your truck in? Sounds like you should.

4. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    i heard about them they offered me a job and i was going to take it and my friend told me to not do it i did what he told me i refuse the job and here im happy with my local gig, my friend told me that Heartland can route you 35 and up miles out of route miles just to get fuel when it's cheaper really, they pay high cent per mile but you aint get them miles it's BS

5. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    They send me postcards all the time saying their hiring. My previous bday they sent me a bday/come drive for us card. I spoke to some of their drivers who all but 1 didn't like them.

truckon Thanks this.
  6. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I nominate JB Hunt. Their drivers are some of the worst on the road so you know they must be in a bad mood because of who they work for. At landstar we sometimes haul jb hunt brokered freight....its always low paying poor freight.

russellkanning Thanks this.
  7. seekingwork101

seekingwork101 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I beg to differ. Heartland or HEARTLESS EXPRESS, as their drivers LIKE TO CALL THEM, still rates number one as the very worst in the industry. My husband also worked for JB Hunt. At the time, my husband left to care for me during a surgery. He actually worked for them, twice. Jb Hunt never had any problem allowing my husband to come home on time, even driving empty to make sure he would be home. HeartLess never, not once did they ever do that. They are pernicious in nature. They are filled with avarice, on the back of their drivers. They are not driven by success through clean, moral standards. Their practices need to be closely monitored, and I call them the sons and daughters of perdition. I call them those words, because that definition is soooooo fitting to them. They will destroy anyone's professional life for the slightest transgression. The mafia that existed back in the 80's, at least would leave you with your life, if you knew how to play the cards right. These snakes (another term I use for them) can easily and at will end your professional life, as you know it. Things that you knew about yourself will no longer apply, because they will use any method or any road, or any means to convey lies about you, to your prospective employers. Make no mistake about it. These are dangerous people. I'd play or work for the mafia, before I can even cross roads with them (Heartless Express). At least with the mafia, you know where you stand. With this den of snakes, I wouldn't know where to set foot. Yes.,...I know. Heartless drivers always feel as if they are walking on egg shells. They can be fired at any time, even for no good reason. Their existence is based on Iowa laws, which state that any of their employees can be fired at any time, for any reason, or for no reason(s) at all. They can even fire you because they no longer like you. And....I'm not kidding!!!!
    So....Here is the reality of life as a driver who works for Heartless express.....You will either be fired by their operations dept. because you were late for one of their top 10 accounts (through no fault of your own) , or.....You will be fired by "Safety" for trying to cut corners on their behalf, so as not to be late for their top ten account . Or....the operations dept. will contact their safety dept. and ask them to find whatever minimal transgression, to get rid of you. Just to make it look legitimate. Either way.....You end up being fired, out the door. Your excellent driving record, your past meritorious work, your perfectly clean driving record will mean ZERO to a prospective driver. Because Heartland Express has already done all the damage they could, to make sure you are not hired by any good company. There may be a possibility that you can get hired by a company that pays almost nothing, as if this driver with a perfectly excellent driving record----Plus 25 years of experience means a spit into the ocean. If you value your reputation, your work, your credentials, your track record.....Do yourselves a huge favor. You will thank me in due time, if you listen to the voice of wisdom here. I/we've been there. My words are based on what I've seen----on what I've experienced. Don't allow yourselves to be lured with pretty words, with what they say is high mileage pay. That is only a trap to get you. If they offer you a job, don't walk away from them.....RUN in the opposite direction at the fastest speed that you can. I'm not giving you this advice to be vindictive, but because it is the TRUTH. They will ruin your professional life before you can say zip. It happened to my husband, and indirectly to me.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Does'nt JB have a terminal in the Chicago area?Ive seen the way they drive there.They think they own the roads and get out of their way.

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I heard heartless tells the drivers when they can go home not the other way around.

seekingwork101 Thanks this.
  10. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Same way in the DFW area.

The entrance to the Pilot in Ft Worth isnt wide enough if a truck is exiting so I had to stop in the right lane of 170 with my turn signal on waiting for a truck to exit. Next thing I know JB Hunt pulls in front of me then makes a right turn from the center lane into the driveway right in front of me. I approach the driver at the fuel island and he said that he didnt know that I was turning. HELLO!!!

Go to the Ft Worth Pilot in the morning and JB Hunt trucks are all over the fuel island and most arent fueling. Geez! JB Hunt, please dont block the pumps!

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Crazy drivers,they think they own that part of the city because that's where their term is at.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.