Non cdl truck driving companies that are hiring?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Anthony011, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Anthony011

Anthony011 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Hi I wanted to get into trucking but don’t have my cdl so I wanted to find a trucking job non cdl driving to pick up and drop off loads. Do you know any good companies that are hiring?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    United rentals perhaps to pull small generators or skid steers?

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You cannot do interstate or intrastate commerce without a CDL for the correct class of whatever vehicle engaged in hauling cargo for pay of some kind. You cannot engage as a employee or such on public roadways in that kind of work without a CDL.

IT is POSSIBLE to do so if you are for example a Courier with small mail and messenger type packaging in a small tiny car going downtown DC in many stops per day. But I don't know if that kind of industry is still doing that kind of work.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Non CDL type jobs are primarily straight trucks, bread trucks and courier type delivery vans.

Try looking into furniture delivery. Nestle Waters/Poland Springs. Stericyle shred it. Or bread truck delivery vans like Frito Lay, Bimbo Bakeries, Franz Bakery, etc. VERY good money to be made driving them bread trucks. Or package delivery driver like DHL, FedEx Express, UPS and USPS. Also VERY good money to be made, but you'll have to earn it though. Pitt Ohio LTL has a non CDL apprenticeship program. You can gain experience and work your way up to become a P&D driver or Linehaul. They offer excellent benefits and free healthcare.

6. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I dont think swift requires a cdl?

Cam Roberts and jdh42892 Thank this.
  7. jdh42892

jdh42892 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Lmao. Thanks for the laugh.

IndianaF150 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.