Non-fault accident that resulted in a fatality

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by metallifreak10, Aug 22, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    What was the reasoning for it to be his fault??

I had a lady pull out infront of me, and case me across two lanes before I nailed her, it was not a fatality, but as close as they come without it. The next time I needed to renew my insurance, they told me thye had not made up there mind weather to just raise it ro deny me insurance because of the accident. I just had to PAY to get the actual accident report for them instead of just going by what is listed on your record at the dmv, then it was all cool.

NavigatorWife and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    You will find places that will hire you. You'll probably find places that won't as well. Some will look at it as a liability issue even when it's not your fault. If you were to be involved in another accident and lawyers get involved, all of a sudden it becomes an issue as a "pattern". Is it fair? No. You can thank all of those billboard lawyers for this.

All you can do is try. Be honest and upfront about it. Talk to people on the phone and ask them right off the bat if it'll be an issue before you even apply. Some places will run your record through their insurance without an application to at least give you an initial yes or no.

That accident will be on there for 5 years as well like someone else said.

NavigatorWife and metallifreak10 Thank this.
  4. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    Not trying to bump this post to the top, just wanted to update. I ended up applying to the company I originally wanted to and was hired. They said since my CSA score was a 1, and my MVR was clean, they weren’t concerned about the accident on the PSP.

It was determined the other driver came into my lane. The .23 BAC and drugs in the individuals system backed that up as well. I don’t want to go further into it, but it was suspected that this person may have intentionally turned the car into my truck. The individual didn’t slowly drift into my lane, it was abrupt. Luckily, it wasn’t head on. The car hit behind the drivers side, right into the drive tires.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Good to hear!

Can't let something that's out of your control dictate your future.

NavigatorWife and metallifreak10 Thank this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    GREAT NEWS.

metallifreak10 Thanks this.
  7. ChevyCam

ChevyCam Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Great driver, thanks for updating this thread.

metallifreak10 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.