Noncdl driver to motor carrier. Lemme have it

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Gotstuckwithatruck, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Gotstuckwithatruck

Gotstuckwithatruck Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Ok guys here's the plan. As title says. Truck's paid for. 07 fshaker c15 acert recently overhauled. (Whether or not it was done properly is something else)10 speed eaton. Trucks been parked about two years. I was in the process of getting my clp then corona hit and that all went to ish. Got my LLC and business license. Operating authority is next.Ucr, ifta, boc-3 all that jazz. Insurance is goin to be the biggest hurdle. It's high. real high .I'm mechanically inclined with tools just need to get a 22 ton jack and stands and I should be able to do the basic bolt on and off stuff in case of a breakdown. Plan on buying a used flat bed that over time I can spruce up. Run local from load boards on not less that 2 per mile that's if I'm desperate or need to run back to base. Ohh yeah I need to
    As I work part time early morning for the brown guys. That covers my basic living expenses and health insurance for myself and kid. There's more about my situation that is forcing me to go this route. Thoughts please. I've been around these forums for years and I know you guys can be brutal and at the same time inspirational. Look forward to your advice

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Best of luck I admire your determination

4. Gotstuckwithatruck

Aug 4, 2019
    Thank you kind sir. Correct me if I'm wrong . But by the time I get done with driver training and the necessary paperwork (September-october) wouldn't flatbed season be coming to and end ?If so would it be best to do a van thru holiday and wait next spring for flatbed. Thoughts

5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I don't flatbed it would be tougher in the winter cold windy snow and ice frozen tarps as far as season ending I don't know!

Gotstuckwithatruck Thanks this.
  6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    You need insurance quotes for a new Authority , non cdl as in no experience is gonna be tough on the pockets.

7. Gotstuckwithatruck

Aug 4, 2019
    Yup no experience. Only shopped at progressive as from what I've heard they're the only one that will touch new entrants. Currently hovering around 22k per year. 1mil per event 2 mil aggregate. Comprehensive truck n trailer.(tri state area). I do however plan on shopping around. The truck is currently my home so I figure that's rent. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.