noobie in indiana

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by millerlightman02, Oct 21, 2008.

1. millerlightman02

millerlightman02 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2008
    indiana
    i have got a pre hire letter from roehl i graduate from school in nov 2008 what can i look forward to in Midwest regional van? not sure what terminal is closet to me im 60 miles east of indianapolis off of I-70? do you get to take ur tractor home? any help would be great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck................

4. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I don't think the regional thing is a hometime fleet, so you should be taking your tractor home. I would've asked this long before I signed up for their school, though.

Expect a lot of Wisconsin to Ohio runs, maybe PA. Wal-Mart, Georgia-Pacific, and scrap paper.

5. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Gary, IN. is the closest yard for you.

You get your own truck if you're not on a hometime fleet, 7/7 or 7/3/7/4

CMoore and I are Flatbedders, so we really have no idea about miles for the regional van-folk, sorry.

6. Faber

Faber Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    off subject; -don't park on a ramp in In.....I did it a 4am. one morning with some othr trucks on a ramp shoulder by a truck stop, (all the way off ramp plus proably 5 ft., mark lights on) figured couldn't find parking and never ran in In. much. Needed a quck nap. Got woke up by an officer 1 hour later who was writing tickets for parking on shoulder. Turns out in In. it's a MOVING violation to PARK on the ramp shoulder....but for $50 you can divert the ticket from your record....how convenient.
    -Never would have even known it was a moving viol. if another trucker hadn't warned me to call them and check before paying....cop/ticket didn't say a word about it being moving. There were two officers jumping ramp to ramp waking people and ticketing them like a big money free for all.

-sorry didn't mean to steal your thread....just didn't want you to find out the hard way trying to get home one morning.

7. millerlightman02

millerlightman02 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2008
    indiana
    moriarti, i thought about flatbed there, what kind of miles you get and do you like flatbed? i love working outdoors, dont mind the weather either, but is it worth the hassle?and where do you run?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.