North dakota flatbed companies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by BackwoodsGA, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    You should’ve spotted him a few points like OK is it red and you put diesel in it !!come on!!!

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    How can anyone do a proper pre trip without noticing what engine he has?

PoleCrusher, cke, Coffey and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    “But... but...

It isn’t his job to know what kind of engine it is. He’s a driver, not a mechanic.”

:rolleyes:

Speed_Drums, PoleCrusher, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    I’ll bet if you put his bonus check in a Ziploc and tied it to the dipstick he’d never got it,he be griping at all the other guys did you get a bonus.........

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sounds like the same kind of driver on the Wylie glass fleet that is causing them to get rid of the Moore Freight double drop trailers because they aren't conestogas. Tying down a regular A-frame tarp is just too much work according to management...it's flatbed, it's suppose to be a physical job.

PoleCrusher and Deere hunter Thank this.
  7. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I've heard of this company before... :D

...This is my present employer as well. Just finished my first year and while I'm not knowledgeable about the O/O side of things, I can corroborate what my buddy here has said. Yes, we are paid mileage...BUT, at least running out of Watertown, just about all of those loads are preloaded, meaning less time securing and chaining and more time turning and burning, which definitely helps keep the miles up. That was one of the factors that led to me choosing them--I've played the game long enough to know the difference between percentage pay vs mileage pay (I started with TMC, after all), and thankfully for us, we generally don't spend a lot of time waiting to he loaded or unloaded since we pull mostly equipment of some sort and every now and then the oddball stick-and-brick or metal load (but that's mainly just to get back up to our home base). The other thing is we may tarp only about 20-30% of the time, and of that--I'll say it this way: since I started with Britton I think I've broken out my lumber tarps maybe four times total.

All of that helps keep us moving, which again keeps the earning potential up. Plus, as Truckermania mentioned, our runs typically average roughly about 1100 per shot if not more (though I've certainly had my share of 2000+ mile trips and two 3000+-mile runs, the longest being like 3300 or something. Not having to do or undo straps/chains/tarps/bungees every day or every other day definitely helps cut down on the wear and tear on the ol' back (though there are some weeks where we still do that--just depends on available freight and where in the country we are).

Anyway, I'm sure either of us could answer any more specific questions you have via PM if you're interested.

cke, MrEd, PoleCrusher and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Ditto and Ditto. Britton is a great place to work. 8 yrs and counting.....

Truckermania Thanks this.
  9. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    I was informed our OTR fleet is being axed the week after Easter. I sent an app to Britton last night. They are one of the very few companies I haven't seen drivers complaining about.

MrEd and Truckermania Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.