North Georgia options?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by SuperRookie, Apr 10, 2019.

1. SuperRookie

SuperRookie Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Eton, GA
    Good day yall. I am still hunting and researching, but my options are not looking all that great. I had my CDLs and drove for about 4 years from 2008 to 2012 and due to not being able to afford physical before it expired, I wasnt able to keep them.(yeah I know stupid but it was where I was at the time) havent had them since 2013. I am ot looking to get back out there and I know I need to go through the schooling again or so I'm told bc I dont have a way to rent a truck for a day plus I have forgotten a few things I'm sure. With that being said I'm looking for options in the north Georgia area. We used to have a couple of training schools close to me but now it looks like the closest I'm gonna find is the Atlanta area to get full sponsorship "training" and even then im not sure what company to get sponsorship from bc I dont have the means to pay for schooling. Any suggestions on who to look into? I would like to get with company who has terminal or yard near the Atlanta Chattanooga area so I can leave truck there bc I have no way of parking one where I live.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try FFE (Frozen Food Express) because they have a terminal in Atlanta.
    Don't go by what's on the website because that may not be up to date.
    Give them a call or submit the application on the website.
    [​IMG]

SuperRookie Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    All the below have cdl school:
    Roehl Transport - terminal in Conley, GA
    Millis Transfer - terminal in Cartersville, GA
    Titan Transfer - terminal in Shelbyville, TN
    KLLM Transport - owns FFE - maybe park at FFE Terminal in Atlanta.

SuperRookie Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    When you get that CDL stuff together, if NOT driving for a while go straight to the DMV (Revenuer) and swear out a one page Tier Two document, sign.

That means you keep your CDL without medical. A form of Grandfathering as we did in our state.

I examined the process of getting a CDL back and our state requires within a year and reupgrade, however if you have ever held a CDL in your life time in my state you are allowed a simplified process which includes a road test rather than someone who has never held one at all.

SuperRookie Thanks this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Rosedale Transport is located in Dalton. I see their trucks quite often. Their website doesn't say what their requirements are though.

SuperRookie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.