Not a question, just wanted to say...

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by tailser, Mar 15, 2020.

1. tailser

tailser Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2020
    ...thanks to the truckers of America. At times like these it really becomes clear who the unsung heroes are who keep things moving all around us. The store shelves that get cleaned out dont just get refilled by magic, and I think more everyday people would be wise to remember that, and thank a trucker in the days ahead.

Obviously, the health care workers are the front lines who are making huge sacrifices worldwide right now, but truckers dont get nearly enough credit for keeping things moving and the supply lines going.

So, as a non-trucker - thanks for all you do. Stay safe fellas!

NightWind, Gutter, tscottme and 22 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Thank you. Many people do not realize everything arrives on a truck, and a trucker has to drive that truck.

dwells40, 650cat425, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You’re very welcome. It is indeed heartening to see someone speak to us without contempt.

tscottme, Smut, dwells40 and 8 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ty for the thought.

My worry is do we have truckers who will deliver into the hot areas that need them most. These are not normal times.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I appreciate the good thoughts. However they are so rare in trucking.

We usually get abused, kicked like a mangy cur and wrapped in our own chain then hauled up on our own petards for anything. Particularly for daring to employ own thinking and decision making to solve a problem.

In the end, Truckers love America and they are America. And I would like to sleep at night and remember that they run through the night so we have a good life tomorrow. And so we are very rich in many ways besides money.

tailser and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    You’re welcome.
    I’m grateful for all the people that make it possible for me to do my job. Cashiers, Mechanics, people who clean the restrooms and showers, etc etc.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Thank you. It means alot . Had a couple of my family send me texts saying thank u for what i do . Even know im not hauling those type of supplies it is still great to have acknowledgment in this otherwise thankless job.

tailser, x1Heavy and 650cat425 Thank this.
  9. Central_Scrutinizer

Central_Scrutinizer Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2019
    I want to also say "Thank you!" to all you truck drivers, especially those who are working extra hours and going without many comforts to keep the supply chain running during this difficult time, and not forgetting those good people who perform the many related and support tasks.

I truly believe that more of the public, than the evidence suggests, are grateful for your services and profession except that they don't really think about it because their own work is so different. They don't think about trucks and drivers or their importance to the nation's daily function. Their thankfulness may be subconscious, but it's there and I have heard several times in the supermarket from other customers, "I hope the truck comes today" (no idea really that more than one truck comes each day..) and from a cashier or manager, "Thankfully the truck got here 2 hours ago or we wouldn't have that".

I'm very happy that my medicine is in stock at the drugstore and that good food is on the shelves in the supermarket.

Well, thank you in any case for keeping things moving, both the usual daily products and the medical-oriented supplies.

I hope the news and government will make more positive comments about y'all (if they can keep from boasting, posing, and complaining long enough to say something nice).

tailser, x1Heavy and Opus Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Takes several hundred trucks a night to keep NYC running. We all usually mob the GWB by 9PM so to cross and hop off the first exit and work into NYC. Hunts point in particular.

Used to bring up 49000 pounds of country crock butter every night from Shedds of SW Baltimore. That is usually a load onto the trailer and a load off by hand. Because so much of it gets divided up and shipped across transfer to so many customers around NYC.

tailser Thanks this.
  11. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I'm not one to say I told you so...but I told you so! Not everyone hates truckers. Sometimes it takes a epidemic to get people to notice the others around them.

;)

I know my sandbar thanks you also.
    [​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - You get a thank you, you get a thank you, everyone gets a thank you! - Oprah, thanking truckers?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    tailser and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.