Not coming to Schneider at this time.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Aug 18, 2015.

1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I am advising anyone who is coming or thinking of coming here I would advise not to.

We have a new contract that officially as I understand it we are being forced to sign without any negotiation which in my opinion is an agreement not a contract which should be negotiated not forced on us.

With this contract we are forced to do trailer moves at Schneider direction not our choice. We NO LONGER HAVE THE CHOICE.

We are also being fined for leaving an area without taking their freight with us.

If they make us do this, in my opinion, we are no more than company drivers who pay for our jobs.

If your considering coming to SNI please reconsider.

It's not what it once was.

Friday, Grijon, Rado101 and 14 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    What exactly do you mean by trailer moves and how much is the fine?Leaving the area without taking the load,does that mean say you left and came back for the load,would u still get fined?

4. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Are you a lease operator or is there still some union employees left somewhere? Which are you if I may ask?
    I'll wager a lot of drivers here, even schneider drivers dont remember when they were union at several large terminals.

Toomanybikes and baha Thank this.
  5. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It basically puts SNI in a position to have contractors shuttle empty trailers around to a place of their choosing if they deem our next load to be out of the market (100 miles away fro the previous). The compensation for that is $25, a pittance when you figure in the fuel and time it takes to drop an empty trailer at a location (of unspecified distance by the way) of their choosing, bobtailing into the new area, and finding another empty trailer (which has to be 50 miles away from the origin of the next load before they will compensate you for bobtailing around looking for an empty).

Basically, I can't deadhead out of a crappy market with a trailer to get to my next load if it's more than 100 miles away without paying a $250 fine or doing two drop and hooks and a trailer search for which I would be compensated $25.

It also strongly encourages drivers to take freight out of a nearby area, which Schneider can easily manipulate on the load board to make areas "decent in, crap out"... basically controlling the rates on what is supposed to be a percentage-driven program.

Totally agree with Tennman... I wouldn't touch this crap with a 10 foot pole right now. Glad I got out when I did.

Friday, Grijon, tow614 and 10 others Thank this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Will somebody PLEASE show me where it says you can be fined for picking LOADS over 100 miles away?
    I don't see it..

Only fine I see has to with trailers not loads

[​IMG]

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  7. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    @freightwipper I don't think they'll fine you for picking a load over 100 miles away. Instead, you will have the choice to either go to your new load with the empty from your previousload and pay $250, OR, drop the empty from your previous load at a location of Schneider's choosing, bobtail to the area near the new load, go on a trailer search there, then once you find a trailer there, get it and go pick up the load. Sounds like $25 compensation for dropping the trailer where they tell you to, $250 fine if you don't. Your chances of finding a trailer with ****ed up tandems have now doubled! JACKPOT

rachi, tsavory, double yellow and 2 others Thank this.
  8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Oh ok.. well that's not so bad.

I'd rather bobtail a great distance than pull a trailer anyways.
    However if they send me way way out of route then of course that would suck.

It sounds like they are attempting to control the trailer pool per market more so.
    If this helps the whole crazy MT trailer hunts we currently go on then I'm for it. *Positive thinking*

nel4you and TruckDuo Thank this.
  9. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    You will end up spending at least half of your day searching for a new mt after you dropped the one you already had somewhere else of their choosing. They never have nor ever will have this mt trl fiasco sorted out. Numerous times I've been sent to get an mt just to find out they have sent multiple drivers after the same mt. One big cluster #### IMO...Come on Mega millions lol

10. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    I have to agree eith TennMan on this. If you are considering coming here, don't.

This essentialy means I'm going to have to pay SNI $250 every time I go to the house. Absolute insanity.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  11. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    I'm seriously considering other options right now. Can't speak for GB folks, but I have a funny feeling that the people in Charlotte will use the new changes to the limit. Hope I'm wrong and very well could be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.