Not complying to the hos final rule cr englang

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 10 year man, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    what was that guys name again ? I think I missed that part in the OP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    That information is incorrect.
    Dan E. England is not the President of the American Trucking Association. That position is held by Bill Graves.
    Dan E. England was elected Vice Chairman of the A.T.A. to serve as such for 2012.

Of Dan E. England, Bill Graves said that Dan is "the quintessential trucker." Adding, "Dan is a credit to his family, his business and his industry [and] ATA is lucky to have him as our ambassador for the coming year."

In fact, Dan E. England is a Past President of the Utah Trucking Association, but he is Chairman of the Board at C.R. England, where Gene England is President Emeritus and Dean England is President of C.R.E.
    Side Bar --- in actuality there are two kinds of luck. I assume Bill makes reference to the "luck" as being of the good kind, --- to which, no doubt, not all would agree.

Any non-compliance issues should be brought to the attention of Dustin England, who is the Corporate Vice President of Safety/Compliance, or perhaps Cory England, Executive Vice President of Operations Support.
    That is if you can get past the armed guards and metal detectors.

C.R. England, the company, is one of Utah's largest employers and is known for a culture of accountability and integrity that Dan and other company leaders have established over many years.

All rise and remove hats
    for the introduction of
    Saint O'Dan E. Boy. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:smt047​

Onetruckpony Thanks this.
  4. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

They are taken care of by the church.
    Bigtime.
    Mormons help mormons, its like being a mason.
    And please don't tell be I'm wrong or that I'm bigoted.
    Because I'm not.

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

When I first got into OTR driving Long Haul company's where converting over to Conventional tractors and Gene England was driving around the west to the new CDL schools doing recruiting with his brand new Frtshkr FLD.

Everyone in are class of 25 except me and a husband and wife team signed on with England immediately. The Team went to Pride and I went to KLLM. I took the penny more a mile that KLLM was paying even though at the time they only had a few conv tractors, They did a lot of slip seating in those days and I could not believe that so many would go to a company that even back then was low paying just for a slim chance at driving a conventional versus a cabover.

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    :biggrin_25522:

Doesn't it hurt putting your tongue that far into your cheek?

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Only when I smile. :biggrin_25523:

8. DemoMan

DemoMan Bobtail Member

May 11, 2012
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    I believe you have to have your own mind about this stuff man. Dan has a big company with a lot of people below him, that take care of his day to day tasks. Your the one out on that rig so you have the right to say what you feel comfortable doing. Remember dispatchers will push you and brokers will hound you but when it comes down to it your behind the wheel!!

9. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    From what I gather, many have lost their mind drivin' a Big truck
    for the Sons-0-Chester.
    All the more to blame the game on.
    Of those in high places, easily half share the same surname "England". Those with surnames other than England are the most likely to take the fall for droppin' the ball.
    The question is, how long will one remain "behind the wheel" before they find themselves behind the 8-ball? When a Big truck truckin' company depends on a consistent 225% turnover rate (per year) --- days are numbered. Gotta make room for the newBees just graduatin'.
    Chew 'em up & spit 'em out.
    GUARD!
    Assist this former employee off the premises immediately, if not sooner.

It must be comforting to have one's own armed goon squad.
    Ya reckon.

:smt066 :smt019 :smt047​

10. smokewalker

smokewalker Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Pell City, Alabama
    Ok I am a current CR England driver and like most yes I am looking to go somewhere else. I did local for a while until it played out and decided I wanted to see the country which I have. Everything state except Alaska and Hawaii. Now if it wasn't so expensive to have my truck shipped to Hawaii I would drive there just for the sake of doing it. (that was a joke btw) before I get harassed about it. As far as pay goes yes you can make that 1.50 per mile but it has to be 100 miles or less as is most other companies otherwise O/O wouldn't take the loads because those are the #### loads no one wants. other than that it is .90 cents per mile. Its not great money no but it pays the bills. The one thing they push on you here is training and I am sorry but I do not want someone in my truck driving me around that has only driven a truck for 2 hours over a period of two weeks. No I am not defending them. If I liked it here I would be saying I am staying. My DM seems to like me because I am making a lot of loads that are yes wait for it (team loads). Am I running illegal no. I just drive the #### out of my truck. Will I be running illegal. Yes when they do away with the split sleeper birth. And when that time comes I will no longer do split sleeper birth. I am not saying I do true team loads solo. I am just saying with the delivery points it should be a team load. Its just the way the drive clock works out sometimes. You cant drive 7 hours to a delivery unload and expect to make it to the next one 6 hours away without taking a break. Problem there is you only have roughly 14 hours to do that in so I split my time and if it works it works. All you have to do is when you approve it is tell your DM whats up and by all means print it out and save it. You are covered that way if you are late. I have only been late a couple times and it was due to shipper or CR not making the appointment at all. My record is clean 100 percent A company checked it yesterday for me. All drivers are the same way as large companies. The drivers do what ever they can get away with. The only reason I am looking for somewhere else to go is because I haven't been home in 4 months. I have a family and it is well connected is the only reason I am still married. Now that I have written a book here the point is every company has its flaws. Even the owner operators with their own authority. Its what you make out of it. I haven't been home in 4 months because I am guilty of letting them railroad me with their lease agreement. Trust me it hurts getting a 20 incher shoved up there with no kind of lube at all. However I have never missed a payment and I like my truck because it is mine. If I cant find a company that will take me and my truck then I will part with it and go there. I haven't been turned down for any job. So far the ones I have applied for has happily said yes we would love to have you here. I am just trying to play it smart here as I have already made the mistake of leasing thru CR. CR is an ok place to start just not somewhere to stay because they do not treat their employees very well. Again I am not supporting or defending them but for all the rookies out there. DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL THERE> If you are unemployed and need a job most states will pay for you to go to a real school that will train you the right way. If not then I will say I told you so now before you even go there. The school I went to back in 2003 was 6 weeks not 2. They actually teach you weight distribution and loading. They actually teach the logs instead of leaving that to the trainers. Again there's good schools out there just not CR Englands. I am headed back to find out if I can turn my truck in or whether I want to take chances with a company that allows lease ops or not. For the ones that are curious I will post results when I decide. Now let the lynching and belittling remarks begin.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    How does that work with a split? Shouldn't you only have 4 hours after taking your split with the 7 hours of driving in?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.