Not hiring student drivers from North Idaho

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by FwL, Sep 14, 2011.

1. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Just got off chat interface with Dave Lowery.

Asked if Gordon is hiring in North Idaho area at this time. He asked back how much experience I have.

I let him know I am a student at DTS CDL school. He answered back unfortunately they are not hiring in my case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Samueldoss

Samueldoss Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Nampa, ID
    I do not think that they are not hiring in the Northern Idaho area the thing is you need to go to one of their accepted schools, I talked to a recruiter a few days ago and she told me that I would need to go to one of these schools that she emailed me and after I finished they would be happy to look at me for hire.

4. lawman

lawman Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Spokane, WA.
    What schools are you referring to ? Samueldoss

5. Samueldoss

Oct 12, 2011
    Nampa, ID
    I'm referring to ptdi certified schools since that posting I have gone through school hired on with a company went through training and I've been solo for almost 2 months as I type this I'm doing laundry in a flying j in nebraska but anyway I got side tracked the ptdi cert doesn't really change much some companies just prefer it and mostly (in my opinion) its the crappy companies that require it if you have any questions or need some insight feel free to let me know what you need

6. Speccast68

Speccast68 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Boise, Idaho
    Who are you working for now since you did not go with GTI? Why did you not go with them? Seems to be some tone of GTI being a crappier company. I assume you went with a school in the Nampa area. Sage?? Thanks for any info you can share.

7. Samueldoss

Oct 12, 2011
    Nampa, ID
    I went with may (its been a great company the 4 1/2 months I've been with them) they get me home they're more family oriented than what I've heard about the others out there. The reason I didn't go to gti is because of hair follicle testing which at the time I wouldn't of passed I had an issue over the same thing with another company. I did go to the nampa sage if you're looking to go my best advice would be to be a sponge while you're there everything they have to offer take it in and you will succeed and don't be too nervous I messed up there a few times even got yelled at by an instructor because I wasn't operating the vehicle safely and all of that had helped me to become the good driver I am today if you go there ask them about hotrod I was there not too long ago to talk with the students and to show off my truck if you have anymore questions I'd be more than happy to answer it might take me a few days as I don't keep up with my email much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.