Not just your average(daily) I wanna get high and drive around in a big truck question...

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by V c2c, Jan 9, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Maybe there is a problem with the seat. Who knows?

I don't think there is any derailing here. If you are fine and a day later have the back ow in the same seat you adjusted to your liking, then the shop will have to probably spend a thousand (Or god only knows how much a proper captains chair is worth these days...) to put in a new one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Then both the wife and him will be in trouble. The law is specific.

People have figured out that the one source of pain medicine is the elderly. We had one in church arrested by a sting attempting to sell 100 hydrocodone for 10 each (1000 total) not too long ago. It wont be too long before elderly housing is a target for those seeking to acquire more of the stuff illegally through foul means or ruse. Im not worrying about myself because there is a safe that keeps the medicine and a colt on the job.

The wife will probably lose the ability to continue to be prescribed pain medicine. And that I think is a shame. They don't care if the patient is on the floor at the clinic, they will absolutely cut em off permanently.

Hydrocodone is a entry level pain medicine, when measured versus Morphine it's only half strength when examined by a certain amount of dose in the blood.

In my time trucking I never touched narcotics, usually what my solution was either alcohol until the CDL laws kicked in back then or a bottle of Moltrin. GI candy as it were. 4 of those at 800-1000 mg per 8 hours is prescription strength. I recall taking that much and walking out to my flatbed in -30 one monday morning at 3 am happy that the stuff is working well.

I don't take it, aleve or tynenol anymore because of adverse effects on the stomach, that is a problem for another day.

4. V c2c

V c2c Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Waco Texas
    Ya I get that. But I just think it’s kinda a crazy and insane system. legally buy pot,Alcohol, and numerousnother things. But yet a wife gives a pill 2 relieve pain 4 a week and your screwed. And the crazy part about it is he didn’t even have 2 take the test then. Could have waited till the next Tues, was his choice and I’m pretty sure would have been completely out of his system. But just one of those things he really didn’t even pay anymore mind to, guessing since he doesn’t have the mindset going in that he is using illegal drugs. I’ve only been married 2 years currently and if I hurt my leg and my wife had a pain pill and I knew I was taking a few weeks off and not driving I myself would not even fathom the idea of saying no 2 the person I love taking a legally purchased and prescribed pill in my own #### home while sitting on the couch. Guess it’s the anti big brother and putting myself in his shoes and realizing tons of us would prob do the same thing without a thought because we aren’t habitual users or addicts of illegal drugs that makes me wanna salvage one of the good guys careers. 30 yrs driving, no tickets, no accidents, overweigths and some hos infractions back in his prime. Hell of a hand!

sirjeff and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yea. My spouse had medicines from the VA and I don't even touch them, nor she touches mine. One night we were having some difficult with her pain and coffee got loose on the cabinet. Splashed all over the open bottle of percocet (Oxycodone with APAP, 40 tablets and change) since they were water soluable we had no choice but to go right back to the rock VA on a sat night ER and turn in the ruined medicine with the coffee story. You would think they laugh us out of there. But they counted each one came up perfect, tested her urine, blood and measured it perfect in her system and totally gave us fresh replacements on the spot. She literally had cancer tumor cut out three days prior.

I would want to hire that 30 year hand. But he will have to be educated and then sent through the SAP. As for the pain he is having, we'll see about that seat and a doctor for it before anything.

Pain medicine can stay in the urine about three days, blood a bit more than that. But not by much. It's out in 30 hours, withdrawals happen within 16 hours of last dose. Hair retains it up to 9 months.

You can be issued pain medicine for the ow, go home and heal for a while. Then take 7 more days after the last dose to be sure it's out of your system. And go forth back to trucking.

The problem is Federal Oversight. Trucking is a federally regulated industry and the new laws seek to detect pain medicine use in just this manner. It wont be long before the data is used against the sources of this pain medicine furthering the combat against the Opioid Invasion.

I think later this year we will begin to see stories of family members unable to get pain medicine and thus a increase in suicides and other problems like illegal drugs. It's easier and cheaper to go get heroin than it is to get a script for pain medicine.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If you want to play this game, you've got to know the rules. I won't take anything unless I'm 100% sure it won't cause a positive result on a wizz quiz. Hell, I used to LOVE those lemon muffins with the poppy seeds...haven't touched one since I decided to make a career out of something that requires drug tests. My luck is such that I'd have a couple for breakfast and get told 30 minutes later to pee in a cup. Not worth the risk. When I broke my collar bone, I didn't even take the Darvocet that was prescribed even though I was off work AND had the script for it. Don't know how long it hangs around in your system and I wanted to be able to get back to work ASAP.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a bagel in wallymart that you can buy with the poppyseeds. Unfortunately if you wanted to ingest the necessary mountains of the black poppy seeds to get high, you will pretty much kill yourself. Also that particular item has usually in American food processing has been processed further so it's not a controlled substance or has any value to a abuser.

Im not certain exactly of food history but at one time I think in the 70's it was one of the items to look out for.

Immodium tablets used to have or still has a schedule 5 narcotic (That dates to the late 70's it's been taken off schedule) and you will have to use a certain amount to gain any benefit from this old drug. I don't know if it impacts a trucker for DUI purposes. But I have used it in the past for body pain problem in addition to excessive gut issues.

Another thing was French Vanilla Coffee or Cappuccinos story has it some have alcohol in them. But who the hell knows. We loved the stuff. There is a little truckstop in Sheridan WY across the street from the Scales in town that has the best at that time. (A cookie if you find it...)

Your Darvocet... there is a blast from the past. A medicine made in 1955 and discontinued around 2010 from the American Market. Propoxyphene (Spelling?) if I remember right.

Another medicine is called oxycontin I think which is a oldie. I think you can still get this one, but you will more than likely be pushed towards the third generation replacement that came into the market with strong antiabuse construction last year.

A very long time ago we had Laudinum for a while what was left of it. Us kids feasting on the dumplings or whatever if it ran wild in our gut killing that toilet, a spoon of that stuff stops the problem right quick, the same way liquid codeine does now. num num num.

Bottom line, I am somewhat afraid for the medicine world attempting to treat people who are in pain through overwork, breakage or some other problem through no fault of their own. If the Law does not stop the excessively evolving and changing with increasing laws writing and passing no one is going to get a #### thing for pain.

We would just have to scream as we did in the 1840's while a doctor carefully applies a mallet to your skull to get some peace and quiet.

8. V c2c

V c2c Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Waco Texas
    Ya I get it. And do agree with the monitoring 2 an extent. Just wondering if he can use the loophole 4 the actual dot drug test fail since legally he provided sample before the new screen went into effect. I know the drug test has 2 be unilateral across the board same way as hair domicile isn’t a dot. See my thinking here... if he request they check 2nd specimen with the pre 2018 panel he will be clear. Even if they have him come do a retest after that will be fine. Just not sure how that actually works. When reading the verbiage of the laws in my viewpoint this is a possibility. Just not sure. Guess maybe I’ll call OOIDA Monday and ask...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The OP wrote that he submitted a sample prior to 1 Jan. MRO called AFTER 1JAN, Im assuming (Don't...) that the sample itself was not extracted and tested by lab until after 1JAN.

I could slide towards conspiracy to see if the Lab benefits in any way from capturing HOT tests... But I rather not.

When I submit my samples they usually go into a bag that goes out by 4wheeler courier to a medical lab later that day. They do have on site that can examine a cup in 20 minutes but does not have the precision that a Lab would have to determine if the amount present is small, residual, average or over dosing (Pointing towards abusing...) or none at all. Those bags get pretty big with all those cups.

I don't think there is a second specimen. It all goes into one cup. and if so, that's that I imagine.

I pretty much have run out of thoughts unless someone else jumps in with another thought. Im happy to help where possible here.

I just think of the times where in those days of no narcotics even at the ER with a busted knee or something I would have still been legal with a bottle of pain medicine. No one tested for that stuff back then.

10. V c2c

V c2c Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Waco Texas
    Ya all the drug test now are split specimens. After u pee in cup, check temp, then have you watch them split them Into smaller vials, label, then seal in bag. U can check tag numbers then sign off they did it all. The reason 4 the second one is if someone rest positive it is there right 2 request the other be tested elsewhere. And I’m fairly certain it wasn’t check till after Jan 1st. Lab is in Indiana, took test in Georgia. Plus the weekend and New Years holiday. And additionally like I said if it would have been tested before Jan 1 the medication would not have shown up on a dot test....

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Then when I go for mine in Feb, I will have to see if they split the #### thing. If they do then it's a first for me in almost 10 years. Disclaimer, I am approaching 80 days clean and in between doctors.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.