Not New To Trucks But Newer Driver, 19 And Female.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MountainStangs, Aug 18, 2010.

1. MountainStangs

MountainStangs Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fernley, Nevada
    That is the kind of stuff I would like to do. You are an O/O then?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    That is really the direction I am looking to go eventually, I have made pretty good money with a step but have been eyeing an RGN, is there any reason you dont run a neck with a deck on top of it?

I would think a guy would want to so you could throw partials on there.

4. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    Yes I own the Truck/Trl

5. HEAVY DUDE

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    Over 80k gross it must be a single piece. So the upper deck just adds more weight, and the machinery neck on my Trl. is lower and that allows me to put equ. over the neck. This is just my opinion but, unless your going to go with at least 7 axles or more stay w/stepdeck. The rates are about the same.

6. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    Ah yes, I see your point there and understand.

I have really been looking at getting a 51' (11/40) step with 17.5's on it, not sure if it is going to be worth the extra little bit of money and hassle though.

7. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    Welcome to the Forums Stangs!!

It's nice to see a young lady such as yourself that is into the trucking industry,
    and what makes it even better is that you want to get into the heavy haul side.

Not many people my age in this industry especially women, and for that I applaud
    you.:biggrin_25514:

8. HEAVY DUDE

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    Those 17.5 tires are high maint. because you have to keep them at120 psi. They will not take being loaded heavy when its hot. Rated speed is 65 mph max. And thats running them too fast in my opinion.

9. squarebox

squarebox Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    mississippi
    i like havind the removable top alum deck on the rgn....nice for tractor duals or combine tires......and welcome stangs.....

10. HEAVY DUDE

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    If your pulling a RGN (2 axle) yes the top deck is nice for misc. freight but, if your doing HH it is of little use.

11. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    I used to run a Pete 379 that was setup as a 4 Axle with a Trail King 3 axle hydraulic detach behind it, and we had a stinger that went on the back as well, the trailer was nice but the stinger was a major pos, the hyd unit quit working and the boss man was too cheap to fix it. Really sucked pumping that thing up by hand. :biggrin_25521:

The truck was a daycab though, and I hardly ever ran it more than 100 miles from the shop. they billed it by the hour, and that is how I was paid. I did really like the setup though.

It was not a stretch trailer though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.