Not paid

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Country82, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Country82

Country82 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Do not work for Jeff and Kathrine Derosia. They own KCD trucking in Henderson, TX. I hear they may be opening another business in or around Gulfport, MS. They owe many drivers 1000s of dollars.
    They owe us almost $3000. They do not communicate. They ignore calls. And they dont seem to care that they are messing with peoples lives. Out of the 15 months that we worked for them, we were paid on time 4 times. And it only got worse the past few months. We quit when they sent a partial check. Our last money should have been paid on June 1st. They sent 1 time $150 and another $500.00. They tell you they sent it, but half the time it is a lie. We have no idea when or if we will be paid in full. They are not bad people, but they do lie and make bad business decisions. They should not be responsible for other people's livelihoods. Jeff has mentioned signing on owner ops. PLEASE don't do it. You will not get your money when you are owed, if at all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    They aren't bad people, but the lie...

That's a definite sign, that they are bad people

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not to mention how one gets $3,000 in the hole with any company...
    Ok, sure if it's a broker not paying for a single load, sure. Other than that after the first missed payment people need to learn to jump ship. It will not get better!

5. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Only 4 ontime payments in 15 months? After second late payment I would have been gone after a call to the state labor board.

6. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Forget the the phone, go get your money, bring the local TV crew, they'll love that.

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I just don't know how people put up with stuff for so long?
    No way in hell I last 15 months with someone that doesn't pay, doesn't pay on time, or doesn't pay in full.
    I'm not driving as a "hobby", this is my job, and I have it for one reason and one reason only---that pay check.

Bo Hunt, sevenmph, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Wish I knew....there really isn't much representation for driver's issues in this country...Washington DC only listens to what the mega bottom feeder companies' lobbying groups say in the form of bribes, OOIDA isn't all that reliable, and good luck getting the entire population of drivers to really form any kind of movement(kind of like trying to heard cats). As long as the dougy pigstinkers, Bernie madoffs & Thomas Witts of this world and their ilk continue to get away with crooked bs and the legal/govt system continues to turn a blind eye I doubt if it will end.

9. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Think about this.... let's be generous and say he was paid twice a month instead of weekly or bi-weekly like most of us get paid. That's 30 pay checks. 4 of them were on time. 4/30 is .133 repeating or roughly 13%. Imagine if we had an on-time delivery percentage that low.

I'm not saying it's true they were always that late, but even if they were close that is pretty #### unacceptable.

Lonesome, G13Tomcat and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  10. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow I don't get why anyone would stick around that long without getting paid!

Timin770 Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    After the first check misses I'd be firing off a warning the next check doesn't show up I'm gone But Not Without contacting the state authorities on their behinds as well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.