Not qualified because of work history ( My wife thinks its discrimination )

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by MixedMotives, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MixedMotives

MixedMotives Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2012
    California
    Ok was told by both Prime and CR that because of lack of work history i didn't qualify for the training program i asked the Central Refridge recruiter if i had my CDL already would that make a difference he said no.

(the reason why my wife thinks its discrimination) i have no recent work history because me and my wife decided i should stay home a raise our daughter. She believes that if a woman were in the same position, she would have been hired because it is stereotypical for women to stay home and raise the kids.

SO, please help me to tell my wife she is retarded...
    Is this a DOT requirement to have verifiable work history?
    OR
    If it is just the companies discriminatory policies, which companies will hire with non-recent work history if you have your CDL?:biggrin_25512:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    England is a #### hole, just stay away. I got fired from two bus driving jobs through no fault of my own and won unemployment with proof. They didn't want to hire me, after sending a sworn statement and proof they said come on down. I'm there almost TWO weeks in training, when out driving on the road they tell me they want to see me back at the facility. The recruiter tells me bad news, someone up higher read my application and they decided to kick me out of the course. No money paid for my time wasted flying there or getting back home. My dad, who was a lease operator for them(no longer after turning his truck in) gave me a ride home from the terminal. I already had my class A and was just doing the refresher, I never got charged for the class since I didn't complete it.

I tried to talk to human resources, they were NOT compassionate at all. They told me it was not open for discussion and even called security on me. Pretty heartless. As far as I'm concerned, the CR stands for CROOKED. It was a good thing, because now I'm active duty Army.

tech10171968 and Marky84 Thank this.
  4. carsonallen1977

carsonallen1977 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2012
    You can always lie about work history. I might have to. Google "The Reference Store" I have heard of drivers using this website for lack of work history. They charge money, but they have someone answer the phone to verify that you worked at what ever company you make up. Just make sure it's three years. I am in your same boat. It's b.s., because i have driven before and I know I can again.

I have also heard that if you lie and say you where taking care off a sick family member and you have three non family member friends sign a notarized letter saying you where doing that then Werner will take you.

At least you didn't spend 5K on a private school before finding this out, I know people that have.

Worst case, you might have to go get a #### job for a year and try again.

bomoto Thanks this.
  5. keepntruckin

keepntruckin Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    If you can show income from your spouse , and your number of children at home, then go to a notary, have that drawn up as you being a "stay at home parent", notarized,, then this will LEGALLY become your work history and to be denied employment/training for lack of work history after this is presented is a violation of the Federal Employment Commision

bomoto, BigSky and YoungTater Thank this.
  6. MixedMotives

Sep 6, 2012
    California
    So, how would you enter that on an application under employment history? Instead of stating that I was unemployed and unverifiable, I should have just input stay at home parent and submitted a notarized letter?

7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Then tell her to go and get training, get her CDL and start driving OTR while you stay home and play Mr. Mom.

8. MixedMotives

Sep 6, 2012
    California
    Not sure is you were being sarcastic or rude :biggrin_2551:

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Truthful. If she doesn't believe you then switch rolls with her and do the above stated suggestion.

10. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    I disagree with that statement ..
    .. My wife has been home for the past 12 yrs and we we also told she needs to have 3 yrs work history.. we are lucky that I have been researching in advance so we have 3 yrs while we are waiting for the kids to graduate they are both sophmores..She has been out putting in applications for the past couple of weeks to go to work - just to get that work history ...

11. MixedMotives

Sep 6, 2012
    California
    i didn't say she didn't believe me.... ?? what thread did you read?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.