Not sure what to think of Moore Transport.

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MooneyBravo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Ribeye

Ribeye Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2012
    I always found getting onto NY island(s) is not too bad. But getting back to Jersey is always a royal cluster during any daylight hours. And Boston, my big worry is don't miss your exit going under downtown on 93....... thats a nightmare.

NuCar Carrier Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Not sure what to think of Moore either...now they want guys to start loading from the other end!!! Everyone trying to do it different I guess!! FB95IMG9515.jpg

LBZ, Colorato, VTech and 3 others Thank this.
  4. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Allegedly there was a medical reason for this. Not sure if it was heat or what, but that was the story I got.

5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I have one question in that scenario, How the heck do you get out of that truck and back on the ground

6. NuCar Carrier

NuCar Carrier Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Hopefully I can describe this picture.

Back in the day of 55', high mount trailers, before stingers, you had jump skids to go from trailer to headramp. Those skids had skid pins holding them to the trailer and the skids were supported by a horizontal bar in the middle.
    If both of those skid pins rattled out and the skids weren't supported by the headramp, when you drove over them you'd be on a teeter-totter and just like as a child and you thought it was cute to get off the teeter-totter and let your partner hit the ground...hard, the car would do something similar and end up wedged between the back of the cab and the trailer at a 45 degree angle or a jump skid shoved into the floor panel if only one pin fell out.

I was standing on the ground loading next to the guy that it happened to, one minute he's up there, next minute we're eyeball to eyeball both wondering what happened (hey Mike, not this time, I didn't get off the teeter-totter!) Now that was a serious wrecker bill.

Terry270, BigBob410 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  7. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

I worked at a GM dealership in the mid 70's had Auto Hauler pull in to unload some big Buick, I think he had one of those old Delvan trailers that had the rear tandem right at the back of the trailer, at any rate he was backing a car off the top rack down and his ramps collapsed in the middle, dropped that new Buick ### first right on the ground, I was guessing that his pins gave up on that deal?

Terry270 and BigBob410 Thank this.
  8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Either way I hope the driver was ok. I hate to see this happen to anyone!

crb Thanks this.
  9. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I read somewhere that there were 50k to 100k flood cars in the Houston area due to the hurricane. The same article said that insurance companies were writing checks on the spot and people were buying. So I thought you car haulers were going to get a "bounce".

I guess that shows how much I know about car hauling.

10. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Right now in carhaul, the big brokers are slicing so much off the top, there's no real bounce to the carrier. In years past it was the carrier who made the windfall on those kinds of high-demand tight-timeframe moves, but now that the brokers have it, and there's a million idiots who think they're carhaulers floating around who'll haul for rates most of us would laugh at, it ain't such a gravy gig. You used to be able to make a good living off Central Dispatch, it's not hardly worth looking for fillers on there nowadays.

Terry270, BigBob410, LBZ and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    The thing I noticed right at the start with Moore was the traffic they were bidding. They went after all the long traffic CTC, JCT had thinking it would break them and their drivers. And in the beginning they got a lot of disgruntled drivers to quit using the shiny truck bait.

And in typical fashion they broker it out because they don’t want their trucks tied up in it.

Problem is these companies have been around for decades and know how to adapt. I can say for sure CTC didn’t loose anything they weren’t willing to give up.

But we’re seeing the same thing here. Everybody wants trucks loaded, unloaded and on top of a backhaul location in the same day.

crb and Terry270 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.