Not sure what to think of Moore Transport.

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MooneyBravo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    And in some cases ctc has been offered the freight back numerous times, and keeps turning it down.

Colorato Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    We’ve seen that here to.

4. packpusher6

packpusher6 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I was hauling for T&G Logistics out of bama and all was good until they decided to just broker and not run trucks so I end up driving for a bunch of green horns out of Jackson Ms named Moore transportation who did not have a clue what they were doing . I had a chain come loose on a container In jersey and costed 2400 toget it put back on come to find out these guys had no insurance so 14 days to Xmas they fired me unexpectedly with a whimpy excuse that they were putting me in a lighter truck and they could make 5k a load with a cdl driver lol yeah right but anyway it was a rough Xmas and now I’m back with a much better company and Moore is still chasing that 5k a load dream the broker lied to them about lol lesson learned don’t drive for Moore transportation they are a bunch of cowards that have no concern for their drivers basically chasing a dream .

5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I think you have your "Moore's" mixed up. This thread is about the car carrier company.

Banker Thanks this.
  6. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I think he just won the award for longest run on sentence 2018. Congratulations!

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What he^^^^ said!

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  8. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    UPDATE. After posting this, I talked to my terminal manager and he told me that the guy who is the highest earner out of my terminal does pretty much the same thing that I do every week except when he comes back he does a quick local. He asked me if I would be interested in I said of course. So ever since that time I have basically been running 1500 on the low side and over 2000 on the high side. I think the most I've ever grow some one week was $2,300. Not every week is the same but most weeks I am in the same click and it works out pretty good.

LBZ Thanks this.
  9. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Essentially grave digging here with the age of this thread. ;) Just curious how running a quick local can almost double the weekly income from the numbers initially posted? Have no idea what Moore pays, but would think that would be 2 or 3 local loads on top of the regular trips?

10. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Yes this is an Old Post. April 4th of 2019 was 3 years for me. When I say do a local I'm talking about less than 330 miles. When I run from Baltimore to Pittsburgh which is what I was referring to when I posted, it pays $1.35 a mile.

Anything over 330 miles is $1.01 per mile. Moore drivers also get $10 per car that they haul. Baltimore to Pittsburgh I believe pays 247 MI.
    247 at $1.35 per mile equals $333. If I run out there with 10 cars that adds another $100 for a total of $433. I also run from Baltimore to Wisconsin most every week. If I run to Appleton Wisconsin we're talking about 900 miles + 9 units for a total of $990. If I run from Rockford Illinois back to say Baltimore Washington area you can add about 770 miles + 9 cars for a total of $860.
    When you add 430 + 860 + 990 the total is
    $2280. This doesn't include safety bonuses and damage incentive bonuses. It also doesn't include the fact that I stay in a nice hotel every night and I'm home on the weekends.

Not every week is like that but most of them are. Sometimes freight is short in one terminal or another so you basically have to go wherever they need you the most. Also with respect to that total for the week we don't get paid deadhead miles.
    But you have to also remember that car haulers don't have people that load and unload their trucks for them. We have to find our vehicles, do a thorough inspection and then load them on the truck. Loading and unloading a car carrier is not something that is learned overnight. Most car haulers can tell you dozens of stories about tearing something up at one time or another. It takes a couple of years at least to become a good car hauler and you have to start by getting your routine down and then the speed will come eventually.

Hope that helps with what I was talking about

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Hammer166 Thanks this.
  11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I'm doing shorter stuff than you, probably average just under 3 loads a day. My phone normally shows about 5 miles of walking per day.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.