Nov.10 class

Discussion in 'Millis' started by HoundDog55, Nov 13, 2008.

1. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Anyone here in the class that started on the 10th in Cartersville? Just wondering how it is going.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoundDog55

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    No one that reads this board is in the class that started on Nov. 10th????? I could have sworn that I read some post from prospective students that were going then.

4. FlatFootVille

FlatFootVille Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    hey this is flatfootville i am in the nov 24 class.i seen ur post and wondering how it is going for u? u gettin any miles?how is ur trainer?well have a good turkey day.

5. HoundDog55

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    I start in Cartersville on Dec. 8th. Was wanting in the Nov. 10th class but it was full. I will try to keep everyone posted on how it goes. It has been a big help for me reading about others experiences in training.

6. .357magnum

.357magnum Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Holmes Pa
    I saw where their pay for new drivers #.34 cent? But must go through thier school. Wonder what that deal is. :biggrin_25526:

7. HoundDog55

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    The way I understand it, is you have to have your cdl-a permit and physical before you go, then it is a three week school that covers driving, trip planning, logging ect.. then you are with a trainer for 5-8 weeks. When your trainer feels you are ready, you schedule the driving test in your home state and the trainer takes you for the scheduled appointment. After you pass the road test and have your cdl-a, you then go to another 3 day class and are then given a truck. You do have to sign a contract with them. I'm not sure what the contract consist of. I researched for a long time and Millis was the clear choice for me. I didnt even apply with anyone else. I start in Cartersville on the 8th of Dec. The training pay and starting cpm is some of the best you will find. I also live 6 miles from I-24, so hometime shouldnt be much of a problem. I see a lot of Millis trucks pass through every day. I just wish there were more current drivers posting here to let us know how well Millis is doing in this slow down.

8. sketch

sketch Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2008
    oak grove, ky
    HoundDog55, I'm not a "current driver" yet I'm waiting on my trainer to come off of vacation. But to answer your question about the slow down....My class instructor in Trenton told us the other day that Millis is completely paid through the 2009 year. That means all taxes and permits, all fuel contracts with distributors, and equipment on the road. So as of right now things are looking good for the Millis Family and there employees. Just in the past month, from Nov to Dec they have put 58 new trucks on the road with drivers for them. Now to the big carriers like Swift and Schneider, thats not much....but to Millis they only have 816 trucks, so 58 in one month was a huge step. There goal is to have 1100 trucks on the road by 2011. As for the miles per week and freight to move.....everyone here tells me its up to you. If you want to run, they will run you. If you want to sit at the house every week, well you can sit at the house and lose money. Take that for what it is. I'm not making any promises, but telling you all that has been told to me by not only the instructors, but also the drivers that came throught the yard.

9. sketch

sketch Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2008
    oak grove, ky
    Millis will only hire students that go through their school, or have at least 1 year experience OTR driving. They do have a .34 pm pay scale. Its base on HHG mileage and straight pay. They also allow you to chose the Practical Route Mileage along with straight pay or per-diem pay. Its all explained on there web pageIf you have any other questions, drop me a line and I'll do my best to answer them for ya. I'm not a recruiter, just a student waiting on my trainer.:biggrin_2554:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.