Now that it's legal

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Why not?, Jul 5, 2019.

1. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Lol.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Not a rumour.

Zeviander Thanks this.
  4. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Not yet. But it's coming.
    The first one that Does it it will have zero percent turnover.
    You heard it hear first.
    They'll have more applications than trucks available.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    They will be put out of service so fast if they promote or allow it in their vehicles... Impaired driving will never be legalized

dunchues Thanks this.
  6. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    What a person choose's to do on their own time and in their own home is no business of the government, insurance companies, trucking companies, influential corporations, special interest groups with an agenda, or anyone else.

If you show up at work sober, do your job competently and prove yourself to be a valuable asset to your employer, then WTF doe's it matter if a person has a puff or a couple drinks at the end of the day to relax?
    The reason is because they can, life is a cash grab, were supplying the cash and we have no choice because we're their endless supply of boot licking lackeys.
    Well........., maybe not me......., but there's more than a few who are, might even be one or two cowed truck drivers on this forum.

Champagne mane and tinytim Thank this.
  7. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Every semi intelligent human being knows it's illegal to drive while impaired, on any substance, except maybe farmers in MB and SK. :D:D
    (I could tell you stories all day long about drunk farmers)

The issue with weed is, you could have THC in your urine or blood and not be intoxicated and traces can remain in your system for weeks, unlike alcohol which dissipates quickly.

As for any Canadian, trucker or not, if asked at US Customs at the border if they ever smoked weed and answer yes, they will be forbidden to drive in that country whether they have THC in their system or not.
    You could be dishonest and lie to them, but you would be in a bigger pile of ####e if they ever found out.

roshea and magoo68 Thank this.
  8. Bumpty

Bumpty Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Who cares? Smoke it if you like.
    As long as you're not impaired it won't be a problem.

As long as you smoke it where it's legal.....you're good. Legally you can't be prosecuted unless you're impaired or in posession within a state which prohibits it. If you smoked up in Canada and aren't impaired or in posession at the border... there's nothing they can do.

It has become no different than alcohol in Canada. They f'ed up by legalizing it......now they can deal with ALL the drivers (including cars) who smoke.

Spark em up and enjoy the carnage.

9. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Not true, they have saliva tests that can detect marijuana use for the previous 8 hours. As long as you don't smoke weed 8 hours prior to driving you'll be fine, not to mention field sobriety test are also an option. If there was no way to measure thc consumption, wouldn't they have banned marijuana for all class A drivers?

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You agreed with me you know. Testing what happened up to 8 hours ago is not the same as testing intoxication levels.

As for why they didn't ban pot use, I have no idea. Likely an oversight as it's never been banned specifically for truck drivers, or at least never tested for.....

11. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I think that should be fine, I think pilots use 8 hours from bottle to throttle as well. You can kind of measure thc intoxication through blood tests since thc peaks in the blood about 3 hours after use and drops rapidly.

I don't think smoking weed as a commerical driver occasionally makes you the devil. Moderation is key (atleast if you drive only within Canada).

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.