Now what’s the top company?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by americantrucker89, Sep 18, 2018.

1. americantrucker89

americantrucker89 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Marion, IA
    So now that Wal-Mart isn’t a top trucking company to work for anymore, what are the best trucking companies to work for? Does UPS Freight take the lead for top?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    UPS freight is no different than XPO, Saia, Estes, etc etc etc

I would say the best is UPS Package

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    There is no ONE answer.

It's all about expectations, and what a driver needs to fulfill his/her obligations.

Some like to bust tail 24/7 as long as there's a minute on the clock.
    Others like to lay around and take it easy.

Each situation is different.

5. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    How about Dupont’s private fleet (Sentinel Tranportation)? Never hear much about them. That says a lot

americantrucker89 Thanks this.
  6. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    The "best" job's trucks share the same roads you drive on.

Most people that work these type jobs are not ready & willing to announce to the world their pay/benefits just to have more competition within their own job market.

When its a drivers market, why would you sabotage your own value to the company by turning it back into an employers market & stemming the flow of raises/perk increases?

There are non union, non oilfield, W2 company driving jobs that are $120k+ solo, $280k-$400k team, plus many other perks that make 'secretive' Wal-Mart transportation in its glory years look like a starter company by comparison.

Granted, the requirements & responsibilities of jobs like these far exceed the demands of hauling groceries, which is properly compensated for.

Even if you knew the name of jobs like these, you would still need to know the right people to give you a recommendation.
    (I am not one)

Pay/benefit/lifestyle balance wise, UPS parcel solo/team feeder is probably the "best" well known W2 driving position; but definitely not the "best" period.

You will typically earn every cent at UPS too; between the typical 15-20yrs of ladder jobs to get to that level & being treated like an overpaid hated machine by upper management.
    (Not even considering the often toxic, political, backstabbing environment that comes with being a hardline Union operation.)

Keep searching & ye shall find.

7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Seems like every other company truck I pass has a sign on their back door saying they were voted the best.

magoo68, mpd240, just_sayin and 2 others Thank this.
  8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    C R England, hands down

NYCNick, Lepton1, BillStep and 5 others Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    There are several private fleets. They don't make a lot of noise and they don't attract a lot of attention.
    The money and benefits are usually far better than any common carrier.
    They have very little driver turnover and getting a job with them usually requires waiting until someone dies or retires.
    But they're worth it.

Swedish Chef and tommymonza Thank this.
  10. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I still haven’t heard anything bad about Old Dominion. Guess they’re the new Walmart?

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I dunno. I know a few guys that drive line for them and they're pretty happy.
    One thing though...the drivers have all been around long enough, and had enough bad jobs, to really appreciate a good one. I think that tells the tale.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.