Nudist trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sea0fgreen, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Yea it turns out I don't have a nudist problem, the rest of you have a textile problem ;)

SingingWolf, Mr Ed, Moosetek13 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    You know, you are allowed to post as much as you want. We stopped rationing years ago, lol!

4. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Look it's frozen hard...

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Interesting thread. I don't think it is a good idea to sleep in the nude while in a sleeper. I have personally seen reefers almost explode in flames and take out a tractor in just one or two minutes. Drivers in these situations don't have time to get dressed and get out. These tractors are made out of fiberglass. Another danger is a fire anywhere in the 12 volt section of an inverter.

I know this is an old thread but habits can be unlearned and in the case of being in a sleeper sleeping nude I would unlearn this.

Sea0fgreen Thanks this.
  6. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Well that's no fun

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  7. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Never even thought of the refer unit exploding. I am by no means trying to persuade anyone to my bad habits, don't get me wrong.

I knew a guy in Colorado, (not a driver btw), who always wore a life jacket where ever he went cause he was scared of drowning. His whole family was like that, everybody thought it was a bit odd. He caught no end of hell because of it too. One day though he decided to give it up. I guess he didn't want to live his life moulded by every little fear. Well he was going to a musical one day with his sweetheart, and some maniac inside the building goes crazy and breaks a water line inside the building. Everybody panics and, sadly some people don't make it out. Several people, including him, drowned in the confusion.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    There are unreasonable fears and then there is prudence. The same fear of fire in a tractor can be applied to a house. I know this. I just would never feel comfortable wearing my birthday suit to bed in a trucks sleeper. Just too many urgency situations that can arise during the time.

9. Trkteacher

Trkteacher Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I drive nude and have for 19 years. i am a nudist and have been since I was born into a nudist family. as per nudist customs I sit on a towel and keep a towel next to the driver seat also keep a pair of lose shorts and a shirt for going through weigh stations. I'm nude about 75% of the time at home and on the road.

10. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    BC5C9925-F4CC-44CB-99DD-AF9C3D006ACE.png

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    If I'm sleeping nude and you knock on my door your going to see a naked truck driver. If you back into my truck and drive away your going to be chased by a naked truck driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.