Numbers and Advice

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by doubleA96, May 7, 2022.

1. doubleA96

doubleA96 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Decatur Il
    Hello everyone. Ive been a driver for almost 5 years and did some time in the ag and bulk side of things. Recently ive been talking to a friend about entering a business partnership. Ive discussed with him on my experience on this side of trucking and offered the idea of running bulk loads I.E grain feed lime rock etc etc. Its been a minute since ive been on this side of everything but i was being paid 25 percent of what revenue my unit was bringing in (about 1k after tax) Has the market tanked on it or is it still solid enough to run a route like i used to (Grain to STL area and Lime back to Central IL 4x a day 5 days a week) and still bring in a profit? Im just trying to get some insight on this area again so i can run some numbers and come up with a plan. Obviously planning to run frameless dumps. Also any advice other than the standard youre out of your mind (Im aware of that, my S/O always reminds me haha) Im trying to ride out the fuel hike until it drop (If it ever does) Thanks in advance

Chieftains Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I have no idea what the number are for that particular cargo in that areas , but I have a suggestion

Do Not , I repeat , do Not not —-DO —- NOT —- !
    Get into any kind of partnership .

not now not ever.
    If you do ,
    You will regret it .

if you want to loan him money , or he wants to loan you money , to buy a truck trailer etc fine , have an attorney draw up a loan contract .

Getting into business with friends or family is always a mistake .

Probabaly the best way to ease into it is work for someone or a company where you can see the numbers , or buy a truck and lease it on to someone else’s authority,

or hang out at a fuel island and talk to some drivers that are hauling the cargo
    You are interested in

trucking is a cut throat business and most owners are terrified that you will steal their customers and cargo so they won’t talk about it .

Badmon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.