nuvi 465T - GPS navigation for trucks

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by moosc, Mar 18, 2009.

1. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Here we go a real gps for us truckers only 499.99 looks to be sweet. been long time to come. even has automatic time zone can we say SWEET

Ease your way down the highway with the nüvi 465T - our first nüvi designed specifically for the over-the-road trucking industry. Featuring a preloaded NTTS Breakdown Directory, specialized routing options throughout the lower 48 states and truck friendly points of interest, this full-featured navigator was made for life on the road. The nüvi 465T also lets you create custom vehicle profiles tailored to what you're driving and what you're hauling. It's convenience created with over-the-road drivers in mind.
    Navigate With Confidence
    The nüvi 465T is the first navigation device to provide locations in the National Truck and Trailer Services (NTTS) Breakdown Directory to its trucking-relevant points of interest. The NTTS Breakdown Directory is the most comprehensive guide to semi-truck repair facilities nationwide - including those offering 24-hour road service.
    Get The Big Picture
    Featuring a 4.3" high-resolution touchscreen display, the nüvi 465T provides users with a wealth of information in great detail. Preloaded with detailed, street-level maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, the nüvi 465T speaks street names so drivers will receive turn-by-turn, voice-prompted directions, such as "turn right on Main Street." The nüvi 465T also comes standard with lane assist, which guides users to the right lane at the right time - especially helpful when navigating complex highway interchanges.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I'd like to try one. I have a Garmin now and it has been perfect except one time in Rustin, LA. Took me to vacant lot, but in commercial area. Turned out when I uploaded latest map it had been corrected.

4. AU Truckers Wife

AU Truckers Wife Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    My husband bonused! yeah...and we want to get him a GPS with that money.

I saw the Garmin 465T on their website today, but can't find it for sale anywhere yet.

Thanks!!

5. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    not for sale till second quarter...

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    Too bad they wouldn't create a download for those features so you could load on to the garmin you already have.....

7. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    that would make to much since....

8. sir william

sir william Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2009
    indianapolis,indiana
    i think that would be great if it really works and stays together the last gps i bought was one of thoase expensive cobras i hated the thing!!made i promise to myself after tossing it in the junk saved box in the garage that i would never pay for another one i will stick to me laptop & microsoft disc put it together with comon sense i will be alright as far as those comp holders go that bolt down to the passenger seat same deal junk box garage i will leave the comp on stand by put it back in the bag i will be ok!!!i think as of now thats my storey i am sticking to it but i would like find reviews on that world nav gps!!i have read them on the pc miler thats about what i thought of the them money stays in the bank! the gateway laptop still works great and i can use it for everything from paying bills to playing games & i get real close to the what the paycheck going to be things great i think i already got my 800.00 bucks out of it,i cant say that about any of the three gps units that i own...

9. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    as for garmin units u cant wrong ive been using garmin for 10 years never tried another brand love the traffic weather. its a charm cant till i see how good this routes us..

Big Duker and dynosaur Thank this.
  10. tedcohen

tedcohen Light Load Member

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine
    I am a huge Garmin fan.

But I doubt any GPS unit will contain listed local and county low-clearance roads.

State routes, yeah. But not local and county low bridges. Make me a believer, but I am doubtful any GPS unit will ever include the local and county low-clearance listings.

11. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

Why wouldn't it? Rand McNally does in the front of the atlas. It doesn't take much to enter that information into the software. According to one review I saw online (can't remember where it was) it said it had every bridge height listed. So even if you put in that you had a 16 foot tall truck it could route you around bridges too low for your truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.