O/O AFTER A DUI

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Trucks4u, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Trucks4u

Trucks4u Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2021
    Very appreciated , although I have reviewed trans am and the reviews were not good at all getting back in is the bottom line here. So , I will look further into Trans Am and see where it goes. Owner Operator is what I want to achieve and I'm absolutely positive I will get there even if it takes me a little longer.
    Thanks for the advice and I will check them out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I would stay away from progressive at all costs regardless of insurance needs. Those people are crooks and the highway robbery even with a squeaky clean record is real.

4. Beaver9

Beaver9 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    That is asking a bit too much my friend. People won't be selling their lanes.
    There is already a lot of FREE info here people are ready to share like what you need when opening your own authority.
    At the moment rates are up across.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California
    Also, the cheapest insurance is probably not the best insurance. That cheap insurance may not be a bargain at all the first time you have a serious claim.

Catmando and Skunk_Truck_2590 Thank this.
  6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Being an owner operator won't change the fact that the DUI was only 2 years ago, most insurance companies won't insure you until the DUI is over 5 years old. That is the reason most won't hire you now, they can't insure you.

7. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    As a new entrant, you're pretty much stuck with Progressive for your first two years. There's no need even wasting your time on anything until you have a solid written quote from an insurance company. Most will require a VIN number too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted