O/O Journey, Numbers and Updates
Page 4 of 7
February was a solid month! One of my better months for sure. Best CPM to date for me. I put my profits into repairs, 2021 taxes and 2021 SEP contributions.
Total miles: 8,550
Total revenue: $35,543
All-in CPM: $4.15
Truckin’ Expenses: $10,200 ($5,800 fuel)
Had to throw on new steers this month with about 85k on them. Cooper LHS. One of them started flat spotting so it was vibrating bad. The other one was still good for another 20k so I kept it for a spare. Two General steers for $1300 - gross. But they were in stock and got me in same day.
Stocked up on some filters and supplies, replaced my trailer reflective tape, replaced some leaky wheel hub caps, bypassed my tranny oil cooler and ordered a new one. She leaked about 2 gallons of fluid so I’m happy I caught it - noticed it puddling on my driveway after I parked one day. Had the shop replace a crappy tire on my trailer that got ruined due to carrier arm bushings being shot. Only had about 50k on it. The bushings are replaced now, will post that in the next update.
Lots of pesky maintenance work done this week!
- Trailer clearance light wires corroded off - replaced.
- No more than 24 hours later the same light on opposite side wires corroded apart - replaced.
- Replaced leaking power steering hose.
- Replaced trailer license plate - mount holes were rusted through and it was breaking in half.
- Found an air leak in the fan air supply filter - took it in to replace and the guy told me I could just remove it. Saved me some money and easy fix!
- Biggest job of the week - trailer tandem pin where the rod rotates the pin was broke in half so I couldn’t retract one of the four pins. Tried welding twice the last month but it would bust. So I made two little brackets and sandwiched the busted piece between them, and Jb welded, drilled holes and put bolts and thread locker in. So far it’s holding better than the welding. I also suck at welding.Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
Awesome month of March. I don't know if I'll be able to top it anytime in the future! Had a great Loaded/DH ratio. Got some good maintenance done as well. Missed two days for maintenance but otherwise worked the full month. April will have about $20k come out for Q1 / 2021 taxes so good to have a solid March!
Total miles: 10,231 (8,573 loaded)
Total revenue: $45,910.29
All-in CPM: $4.49
Truckin’ Expenses + Driver Pay: $23,019 ($7,970 fuel)
- Replaced the trailer front axle carrier arm bushings and replaced 3 chewed up tires from those bushings. Trailer was pulling about a foot to the left and now is straight as an arrow.
- Replaced steer axle slacks and cans
- Replaced fuel / oil filters, welded and fabricated a busted trailer tandem pin
- Replaced air suspension leveler TWICE - got the first one on and last bolt I was going to remove for the leveling arm busted off and had to buy a whole new leveler.
- Fixed two corroded trailer light wires, one one day and then one 24 hours later - lol.
- Lost 3 of 4 tail lights due to corroded plugs, couldn't get plugs in for 3 days so I had a shop bypass my trailer lights - awesome decision and looks great.
Get it while you can!
Page 4 of 7