Oakley no way to treat new drivers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by loclay, May 30, 2014.

1. loclay

loclay Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I was hired on by Oakley Transport in Lake Wales Fl. Talked to them for 2 weeks working out and getting info on company. I was upfront about my health like Bypass 2 years ago and I have a perfect driving rec and have been hauling haz-waste for over 28 yrs. Made the decision to take the job and to leave the job I had. called the requiter the day I was going to give my notice and made sure all was good and even brought up the Bypass again and was told there was no problem and that I had the job. gave my notice and flew to Lake Wales Fl for their orientation. Have been here since Sunday the 25th. Went thru all the classes and passed all their test got new Med card and then this morning the 30th I was called into the safety office and was told that the insurance would not allow them to hire me and they said they were not told why. Now I have quit my job and spent a week and a 150.00 and I still have no job and they are not going to pay me the 300.00 they owe me for the week. If you are going to spend all that money on flying drivers to your terminal and getting physicals and have them quit their jobs don't you think you would have all their info and sent to the ins company before you tell them they hAve the job. I now have no job because of Oakley Transport at no fault of my own. How can they get away with this. DRIVERS BEWARE: OAKLEY TRANSPORT IS NOT THE FAMILY COMPANY THEY WILL PREACH TO YOU!!!!! just remember they do not care. They have now put me in a very bad place and they are the ones who persuaded me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Did they revoke your new medical? Something doesn't sound right. If they rejected you because they did not want you entering their pool of insurance subscribers (offered as a benefit) due to your pre-existing conditions, you have legal ground to file a serious legal complaint against Oakley it sounds to me like. Are you telling us the entire story?

hal380 Thanks this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's too bad.That was very wrong of Oakley to do this what was the $300.00 you spent that they owed you?Was it for physical, room and all that jazz?Sad companies are like this.I take it you're still there.Is Oakley at least going to pay for your way back home?I would try and get your other job back.Bet they'll rehire you since u gave them a notice.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Some stories really get to me like this one.I posted a comment on Oakleys FB page.

6. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Call a lawyer, I believe you gave recourse here IF you can document you told the about bypass, if that's what it boils down to. But remember, a recruiter can say anything and still go to heaven, you have to prove he/she said it.

hal380 Thanks this.
  7. king2017

king2017 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2014
    I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I would get a lawyer and see what he/she could do! That's not right!!!

8. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Another one of those `````Florida is a right to work state which means that a FL company can terminate an employee with or without cause.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  9. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Its very sad to hear stories like this.I do hope you find another job soon,and hopefully it will be better.
    This is why orientations scare the crap outta me.You can never seem to cover all the bases,and lose a job
    in the process.
    They can always pull a bee out of theyre butt,and claim they don't allow bees,so you gotta go home.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So may drivers go thru this all because they recruiters lets a lot slip by and companies don't start checking stuff till they get to orientation.Oakleys fault and they should at least reimburse him.Its the right and fair thing to do.But then again,not many companies do whats right and fair when it comes to drivers unless it benefits them.

11. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Yep..then I have sat through one orientation,where we lost drivers on our lunch breaks.
    Some lied about drug screens,and other folks were convicted felons with pending charges,
    all thinking no one would check.
    That's beside the point with this drivers problems,but does prove you will be let in with little,
    or no background done on you.
    Its a shame on both sides.
    OP did his part,but seems Oakley didn't do insurance homework.I don't see how that would
    prevent hiring him?He passed his physical,and owned up to past medical procedures.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.