Oakley Transport ????

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Stacey76, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Anyone have info on Oakley transport? I've heard they are a good company to lease to but have not talked to anyone directly that works for this company. I talked to them yesterday about pulling a hopper bottom for them. Just getting ready to start out on my own and nervous about who I lease too. Just moved to Daytona Beach and don't know much about the companies around here. Moved from Il, so all I know about Florida freight is it's CHeAP!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    There is a Bruce Oakley thread on the tanker, bulk and dump forum that's been here awhile, good luck

Stacey76 Thanks this.
  4. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Seen that after I posted this. Been sitting here reading it: Thanks. I'm in a toss up between them and a container company. Pro Transport says they will pay me 70% of load and I can go home anytime I want. Oakley says 1.28 with fuel surcharge and can only get home every two weeks but take 3/4 days off. Trying to figure out which is the best fit for me. I've only hauled containers 2 so I don't know if I will like dealing with ports and rail yards all the time.

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  5. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    Tough call, its what works out best for you, I personally wouldn't mind being out two weeks for Oakley but I would want to be in the dump or pneumatic division.

6. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Florida you would be better of with a pneumatic

Stacey76 Thanks this.
  7. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I know the pay is better at Oakley going that way but starting out that's a extra 10 grand getting a blower put on your truck. I'm still looking at all my options right now. Just wanting to get away from YRC. I have decided I diffently don't like City Delivery in Orlando. I have 5yrs OTR and 9yrs Construction from Illinois but the money in Construction is not here in Florida. Just wanting to find a good company to start back out with that I can survive at.

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted