oakley trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bconn, Dec 8, 2007.

1. bconn

bconn Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Bronson tx
    Looking for info on oakley trucking out of Little Rock. I know they pull end dumps and pnuematic and are a owner operator company. Is this a good place to lease.
    Thanks, Buddy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pochop7

pochop7 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Zephyrhills,Florida
    never heard of them before but googled it and found their website....its bruce oakley trucking, click on the photos link and it will show you the recruiter of the month , from Jan 05 to June 06 they had 18 diff recruiter of the months.......thats ALOT for a smaller company...I would be weary and really look into them before commiting.........of course the best thing to do would be to talk to one of their drivers

4. Mr Nasty

Mr Nasty Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Walkerton In.
    I have looked at oakleys website many times the past year or so thinking about leasing to them. I have never found the photo section or the recruiter of the month. Anyone who has been driving anytime should have heard of them.I also would not consider them a small company. Pochop7 should be truthful in thier comments as people are looking for honest answers to help make important decisions.I have paid for pre emploment drug screens as an o/o before.Also a company does not have to accept your current physical.As far as oakly being a good company I do not know butI have only seen 1 bad comment.

5. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    I was really looking at leasing onto them before I came to Schneider. The main reasons I didn't was them dispatching me. I just don't trust others telling me where to go and what to do with my equipment. Plus with dispatchers you still have to figure in the favoritism factor. After i leased on with Schneider I ran into a couple of ex Oakley o/o and they told me they left cause of a couple of reasons. The biggest being that Oakley wanted to have the original repair or parts bill for the maintanace records. That didn't set well with me. I have heard of companies doing this and using the originals as their own tax write offs. I don't know if this is true, becuase I didn't experience it, and if it isn't please correct me. Besides that I think they are a decent company.

6. dshaw1965

dshaw1965 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Texas
    i am at oakley now, let me in on the system at sch

7. aecs8251

aecs8251 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Mi
    You are at oakley now.. the tank co out of Fl??? man would I like to talk to you.. maybe a phone call if you have the time.. Looking to start with them soon...

8. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    Oakley, North Little Rock, AR

DOT# 3259, 510 trucks & drivers, pretty low driver & vehicle O/O/S rate, 2-fatal accidents & 14 injury accidents in the last 30-months, 229 moving violations in 30-months which resulted in driver & vehicle inspections not all of which caused a driver and/or vehicle O/O/S and/or a moving violation citation, 48 drivers and 85 vehicles placed O/O/S in the last 30-months.

From a retired federal DOT official

9. slick50

slick50 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2006
    McKinney, Texas
    I've been at Oakley now since Jan, it's slow but if you stay out you can keep the money coming in. I will pm you my phone# if you have specific questions. And no, I haven't yet given them any maintenence receipts, just dates and what was done to the truck.

Big John Thanks this.
  10. dshaw1965

dshaw1965 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Texas
    i am currently with oakley out of little rock, we have had a real good safety record for years, we have 3 divisions, hopper, tank(pneumatics), end dumps. i have registered here revealing too much info, if you want to know anything else private me

11. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I am currently a tanker Yanker I like it but ..

I have got bit by the truck bug .

Not doing a lease purchase going traditional finance
    Found some nice trucks 2005-2007 columbias I am looking at need a lite truck no more than 17,500 (with me 200 and 100 gal fuel) so limited on
    Truck etc ...

My question is

My truck payment will be roughly
    1100 for 24 mths my choice to pay off faster I am also installing an apu free and clear paid for ..

Can I make it with Oakley

If so which division is best from your experience and freight volume

They both. (hopper / end dump ) pay the same

I have my

Twic
    Passport
    Hazmat
    Fast card

Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.