Obligatory “I’m new here.”

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Slosh, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Slosh

Slosh Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Hi all,
    I’ve been lurking the forums here for a few months and decided it’s about time to create an account.
    I just started my trucking journey a few months ago and lurking this site has helped me out quite a bit. So far every question I’ve had I have found an answer for here. Hopefully I’ll be able to spread some knowledge with other new drivers as I gain some more experience.
    I started at Fastenal at the beginning of the year and everything is going great so far. It fits my lifestyle really well as far as hometime and keeping me relatively active. I just got chosen by one of the senior drivers to be his team driver so I’m pretty stoked about that.
    I’m not sure how active I will be on here, but I figured I would at least introduce myself!

Texas_hwy_287 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Welcome aboard!!!!!

Slosh Thanks this.
  4. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Whats the pay, benefits and hometime at fastenal.

Keep us posted

5. Slosh

Slosh Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    I started as a relief driver, so the pay was part salary part per dia. I haven’t reviewed the pay now that I’m assigned to a route. On relief I’d say a good ballpark is about $60k for first year

I’m not sure about healthcare as I get that from the military, but the 401k seems pretty solid.

Hometime varies depending on the route you’re on. I’m on one of the longest team routes and I get home for a few hours a couple times a week and I get a “weekend.” Some of the routes are home every day.

Been here a couple months now and im still having fun!

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.