Obscene Rooftop Sign

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    [​IMG]

FOLSOM, Pa. ' A couple fed up with the noise from jets flying over their house expressed their anger at federal aviation officials by painting an obscene message atop their home.

The 7-foot tall expletive -- with one of its four letters replaced by an underscore -- is directed at the Federal Aviation Administration, which recently altered the plane routes around Philadelphia International Airport.
    "Just doing it made me feel better, but I'd still like to say what I wrote directly to the idiot head of the FAA," homeowner Michael Hall told the Philadelphia Daily News for Thursday's editions.
    FAA spokesman Jim Peters had no comment.
    The FAA's new departure headings out of Philadelphia went into effect last month as part of a massive restructuring of the airspace over the congested corridor between New York and Philadelphia.
    The plan has triggered a lawsuit from Delaware County, which argues that the FAA's environmental-impact study violated federal regulations and that the new flight paths will only marginally reduce airport delays.
    Hall said he has called the FAA's noise-complaint hot line about 20 times but could never leave a message because the voice mailbox was always full.
    "I have to sleep with earplugs at night in my own house," said Hall.
    He and girlfriend Michaelene Buddy spent about an hour earlier this month painting the profane phrase in roof sealant on their home in Ridley Township, about 10 miles southwest of Philadelphia.
    Airport spokeswoman Phyllis VanIstendal said noise complaints have increased significantly since the new departure headings took effect but that it is too early to tell if there's a correlation.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325428,00.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    So their a Florida University fan, I don't see the problem.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    My first queston to the complainers would have to be "Was your house built before the airport, and if not did you know the airport was there before you decided to build a house next to it?"

"If the answer is 'yes', then sorry for your luck"

5. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I'm liking the creativity in that roof sign.....(grin)

Everybody and their brother knows the answer to that one.....except the airport spokeswoman LOL

6. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    I used to live 5 feet from the elevated train tracks in Chicago, after awhile, you don't even notice the noise. Unless you concentrate on it.

7. Avenger29

Avenger29 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    South Carolina
    Probably because you go deaf?

I'm a pilot. Believe me, I don't have ANY love for the FAA. Pretty similar to the relationship between truckers and the DOT, I'd wager. Reluctant cooperation...

The flight paths were changed. I'd be angry too, but there isn't much you can do about it. The FAA does whatever the hell they want, and not many pilots have won a fight against them.

8. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I knew I saw you in "The Blues Brothers" movie.:biggrin_2559:

9. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Jake and Elwood never spent $1400 a month for the privilege. :biggrin_25524:

Waste of money, but walking distance to great bars.:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.