Obsolete Grumman clutch cylinders??

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Benlieb, May 23, 2018.

1. Benlieb

Benlieb Bobtail Member

May 23, 2018
    Anyone recognize this clutch setup out of a 83 Grumman curbmaster? (I have pics but they won’t load here ####) Hard as hell to ID not much luck. It has a ford chassis and Hercules engine, but I’m told these aren’t Ford parts... but they strongly resemble some 50-70 year old ford stuff. except the pedal which is a special obsolete pedal.... any help sourcing these much appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    No I do not and cannot help source it either.
    As you have no replies I will add food for thought. Having worked with men that experienced the depression and WW2 thank outside the box.
    "We were told they had to have twenty feet of two inch pipe. We had no pipe but we welded two pieces of two inch angle together with a two inch nipple in each end. It is a long way to the hardware store when your ship is sinking in the Pacific."
    The folks at home had their own challenges.
    From some of those folks I learned those cylinders come with bores every 32 or at least 1/16 th of an inch. Just get it bored out to the next oversize. Sleeve if it real bad. Buy the corresponding piston seal and spring.
    Oh: My bad! Year make and model? 2 or 4wd? Dud your almost screwed. The guys at the local Napa would let me go through their stuff and get what I need. Just food for thought and hope you get it worked out.
    For Memorial Day remember all who gave themselves for us in all countries.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.