Oct 23 and new elog users are going nuts lol

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Gunner75, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I've been sitting here reading 10 different posts in just one of the trucking groups I'm in on Facebook and people are down right going nuts, you'd think these people would read the instructions on how to operate them rather than go on an internet forum and ask, its rediculous. I just don't understand how is it that hard to comprehend how top use one?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm sure some are not very intuitive or user-friendly, especially if you have zero experience with such software and the concept of a device doing what you used to do on paper, in a wild mix of truthful, false, fudged, and reworked entries.

I suspect some devices and software were rushed to release because they were late to the game and only saw lots of revenue potential, no matter how poorly written or how confusing the UI is.

4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Yeah, that's what I want to do on my free time, read documentation on how to use a device I don't even want or need. Thanks Gunner75! I have used 3 of the ones legal to use and Qualcomm is the most user friendly of them all. Teletracks is a joke and you can read the accompanied documentation till your blue in the face.

BoostedTeg and gokiddogo Thank this.
  5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    It is a learning curve. And look at the cross section of students. Older drivers who can barely use a flip phone, "English challenged", others with an attitude and no brains.
    Oh wait, I just described 90% of the industry.

Getsinyourblood, nax, Jazz1 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    We had PeopleNet up in ND in the oilfield, it seemed pretty good, when it worked. I don't think any of us ever figured it out... Then our accident rates went through the roof with the trucks that had it installed, the fatality was the last straw and they were removed from all of the trucks. We went to time cards. Driver's were playing beat the clock to finish their daily tasks, hence the increase in accidents. We went to the time clock, and everything settled back down.

1johnb, W9onTime, longbedGTs and 5 others Thank this.
  7. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    a lot of people are not really tech saavy and moving from paper to electronics is not really a natural transition. its the one part of the eld mandate i am sympathetic about.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  8. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I'm not looking forward to this at all. I own the truck, I rarely leave Michigan and I have my little routines. I may drop the trailer and go hit Outback. Or, just take the entire rig down to Meijer to do some shopping. Or, I will leave out Sunday and go stage myself somewhere for the following morning where I know that the freight is running. And many times, I will run for parts in the truck when I am off on my 34 hour reset. I honestly don't know how this will affect me, and then screwing around with the electronics, I really don't have time for that, nor am I interested in learning. I've been out here nearly 30 years, safely doing my thing. Now, they want to turn my world upside down.

W9onTime, xsetra, longbedGTs and 7 others Thank this.
  9. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    the guys still running outlaw will be affected most. i quit doing that a long time ago so there wasnt much change for me but does take some polishing on the trip planning. different systems work in different ways. ive used keller and omnitracs and neitherbgot in the way of personal use off duty.

bzinger and SheepDog Thank this.
  10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Well stated fellow Michigander....

11. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Everyone says we are running outlaw, I'm just doing my job. I have never been in trouble out here, no accidents, etc., if I am tired, I will pull over or call dispatch and tell them I'm done. I'm an adult, not some pill popping yahoo with my foot on the dash running 90 down some two lane to avoid the scale house. I run one log book, a busy day for me is 300 miles and rarely if ever blow through my 70. This idea that all truck drivers can be forced into this concrete box are just absurd.

Wingnut1, 1johnb, xsetra and 13 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.