ODFL

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by Kevw45, May 3, 2021.

1. Kevw45

Kevw45 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone have any advise on how to get on with ODFL? I've submitted probably 6-7 apps for them over the last year... Just filled out two more... I'm a 15 yr driving veteran. If there's anyone in the Dallas, or Garland, TX area that works for them... Hook me up! They would be my last decision before decing to go full independent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BM 58

BM 58 Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    How many jobs have you had in the last 5 yrs? If 4-5 that may be part of the problem. Just saying.

4. Kevw45

Kevw45 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2019
    I even applied to the dock once, willing to work my way up... Never heard anything. I was hoping they'd be more confident in what they have to offer, that as long as who they hire has a couple of years of experience, clean record, they'd consider them a good hire, because they're not going to leave. In this industry, it isn't hard for some people to have 10 jobs in 5 yrs. You get stuck in the Whirlpool of crappy jobs, and you're screwed!

Western flyer Thanks this.
  5. BM 58

BM 58 Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    That is true. If you work for mega fleet turd companies you can have 20 jobs in 5 years if you want, they don’t care. Most of their DM’s don’t last for 6mo either. But if you want a good job with some stability the carrier will be as concerned about your job history as your driving record.

6. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2014
    @Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Kevw45 as a right now Dallas and Garland are both looking for ft drivers. Your best bet is after you have completed your app give a ring to the terminal.

Also keep in mind once you submit your app it does take a bit to get a response, if no response within the first two or three days just call the terminal and ask for an update.

Ill see if i can get more info on Dallas and Garland as far as whos the main point of contact and will glady provide you with the information.

Good luck.

Kevw45 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  8. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I just applied for a linehaul position.

Hopefully I'll hear back. I just did the online application. It makes you fill out non applicable blocks in order to complete it. I would have completed it weeks ago if not for that because I kept getting errors.

9. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
  10. Kevw45

Kevw45 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Ironically, I was offered a job at the Dallas terminal once before, but I turned it down because I was also offered a job with FXF, which was much closer to my house, and they paid ot after 40. At the time, I just thought FXF was a better job... Probably the biggest mistake of my life. I know the hiring manager's name at the Dallas terminal, but he must have instructed the secretaries to not allow any calls, because when I tried to get back in touch with him recently, to ask for another opportunity, they wouldn't even let me leave a voicemail.

11. im not real sure

im not real sure Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Athens, GA
    This definitely makes a difference. I got hired by OD yesterday. The TM specifically mentioned the fact that I have been with the same company for almost 9 years was one of the reasons he wanted me to come work for him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted