Off Duty Parking

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by chicadriver, May 5, 2008.

1. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    New driver here .... I basically have no where to park the rig at my home. What do you suggest ? KLLM said it's possible to park at a customer stop or truck stop. Other options? Maybe Ryder? Maybe Penske?

Thanks, cj.:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Ryder,penske would be safer or walmart shoping center near close to you.

4. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Drive around your community and look for a spot big enough to park a truck and trailer. Make sure it's on a legal truck route, then seek out the owner of the property. If it is a Wal-Mart or other such store, ask to talk to a manager. A lot of drivers near where I live park at the end of dead end streets in a business area. The one in particular I'm thinking of dead ends just off the highway in between an Aldi's and a gas station/convenient store. Also, if there are any feed mills or grain elevators nearby, sometimes they'll rent you a spot on their lot for a nominal fee. I know of a place where I used to live that did this for $25/month or $5/day.

5. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    Scarecrow, that's good advice. First two places I checked said sure no problem so long as they can contact me by phone. One property is a Freightliner Parts & Repair shop and the other is a 'Trailer Repair Dock' where the community college has a CDL Training range. Both have fences and 24 hour security. I never would have thought it was so easy to find and the guys were downright friendly about it; the only two places I even talked to. Thanks again friend, cj.

:biggrin_25524:

6. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    You're welcome. Glad you were able to find a place so easily.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.