Offered Job at Gordon Food Services

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Jan 23, 2015.

1. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    put on your tinfoil hats, im going to throw a real whopper out there. I think Sysco might be funneling some of their smaller competitors like GFS, and others, customers. that way their buyout of US Foods has a better chance of getting approval from the FTC. I know all of a sudden, around here, US Foods lost a HUGE account to a tiny competitor, which definitely seems fishy...

Mike2633 and Shaggy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Humm, it is something that all these places are experiencing huge growth and busy while Sysco kind of just plods along and loses accounts here there and everywhere.

already gone Thanks this.
  4. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    What's there starting rate.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    My AO, GFS has shiny equipment, Looks like they invested quite a bit for drivers comfort. We have 3 GFS stores and never once been inside.
    Curious about starting rate also, That would be my go too, if ever did food service.

Congratulations Mike.

6. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Start saving now for your back transplant.

Foodservice pffffffft 17 yrs im finally on the verge of moving on....

Good co. though, best of luck.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. Simonpete

Simonpete Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2021
    Hey, are you still working at GFS? If so what can I expect to earn in a month @ 40 hrs+ OT if available. Can I close out at minimum 5k a month after taxes? I'm located in Canada Milton and they're offering me job as AZ driver. Please let me know. Thanks

8. Simonpete

Simonpete Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2021
    Hey, are you still working at GFS? If so what can I expect to earn in a month @ 40 hrs+ OT if available. Can I close out at minimum 5k a month after taxes with $25.50/hourly rate and ofxourse their pay formula after training? I'm located in Canada Milton and they're offering me job as AZ driver. Please let me know. Thanks

9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I am at Gordon’s yes I’ve been there 6 years now. I work in the USA and Canada is a whole different animal. Im sorry I can’t be of any help, but besides having the same logo, there’s quite a bit of difference between GFS USA and GFS Canada.

Simonpete Thanks this.
  10. Simonpete

Simonpete Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2021
    Cool thanks for responding I would imagine the money is good besides the crazy physical part.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.