oil field jobs oh/pa

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by sw6g, Jun 30, 2012.

1. sw6g

sw6g Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I understand, thanks for the advice TNT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I've been out of oilfield for a few months, but the Marcellus work in NE PA has slowed considerably (which is why I quit...worked 7 days in the month of January). When I started, if you had a CDL and a pulse, you'd get a job...that's how hard they were trying to keep up. Now, even if you have years of experience, they're slow to hire you unless you have an absolutely perfect record, MVR, etc. We had a LOT of newbies come thru the place I worked...some were ok, some were in dire need of training, and others were downright terrifying.

Also, if you wind up driving a tanker hauling water/brine/flowback/production or similar...it's not just driving. You're gonna drive, sure...but when you're pulling a tanker, driving is only half the job. The rest consists of knowing your equipment, knowing the place you're unloading, and knowing how to minimize/eliminate spillage. I've worked for Shell, Anadarko, Range Resources, and Talisman, and on most of these sites spillage of anything more than a cup is a gigantic deal (some less than others, but the larger the company, the more scrutiny they're under, and thus the harder they ride YOU not to spill). Every hauler's truck is setup differently it seems, and some companies have a mix of equipment, so knowing what you're doing is the difference between a good night's work and having either yourself or your entire crew thrown off the job.

snowman01 Thanks this.
  4. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    Logs and pulp in Northern New England out of the woods on the frozen roads will prepare you for about anything. Ever had to use a chain and a skidder to get you down an icy downgrade? Pretty interesting to say the least.

5. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    No, but had to have a transport (day cab and tanker trailer) lowered off a pad with a very large Cat dozer, due to heavy rain and 12% grade on the access road. You know it's bad when the dozer comes on the radio and says "Hey buddy, hang on...I have to lower my blade"...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.