Oil 'May Dive to $25 Next Year'

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Baack, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,462284,00.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

It might happen before next year, the way things are going.

4. semi-nutz

semi-nutz Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    bottom left coast
    Were down to $41/barrell now. The question I have is WHY? There are many theories out there. The hedge funds chasing each other to buy in the upward climb to $150, or the China investors insuring costs for productivity. After all, China has been investing heavily in non OPEC countries in Africa to have good standing with whatever government in is power, to have access to their oil. With the recent Military exersizes in the southern Caribbean between Chavez and Putin and the first Russian warship passing thru the Panama canal has me wondering if the arab cartel (remember the USA militarily protects and backs the Saudi's, and never questions their non-democratic, non-human, sexist policies} with the approval of our adminitration, is trying to bankrupt non-OPEC competition, primarily Russia. This reduction in oil prices helps us Americans in our cost of living and business now when we need it, but I wonder WHY the powers that be have stopped raping us with $100+ oil. What do they have in store for us next...

5. Mooney

Mooney Road Train Member

Uh, what does worldwide demand destruction mean to you?

6. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I think it has all of us scratching our heads and wondering .................

7. semi-nutz

semi-nutz Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    bottom left coast
    Has demand really dropped to almost a quarter of the oil used six months ago? What correlation does this decline in oil prices have with the timing of China's olympics have? They are the fastest growing demand on the planet. Something unexplaned, as to how we were pushed to see how much we could stand at the pump, and now how much control of non-OPEC economies can be? Something ain't right... 'that dog don't hunt'!

8. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Its spirals up and spirals down
    All those oil barons who were laughing and spending the money
    Now that the money isn't coming in any more are frantic to pay the bills
    So as much as they want to lower production they cant
    Wallah the down fall of OPEC LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.