Oilfield Hauling in Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by CbarM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    Hola! I am seeking info on companies hauling crude oil or oilfield hauling in general in southern Mexico. I have talked to 2 guys from there and they both said it was a pretty good gig. I just need some contacts like company names that are directly involved in oilfield transport. Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    Well this isnt what I expected....120 views n no replies. I cant believe that Nobody here has any clue as to any oilfield trucking in Mexico...

4. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Middle of nowhere TEXAS
    Why didn't you ask the 2 guys that you talked to?

joserojas Thanks this.
  5. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    I have and I got some info, I just thought maybe some folks here would have some insight to it...

6. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    Just ran across this thread. Don't know about the south of Mexico, but in the northern portion, the usual suspects have operations there. Schumberger, Halliburton and some of the lesser known players.

However, you can't just come down here and work. You'd need to apply for immigration documents with work authorization, which depending on the needs of the company, might be easy or difficult to obtain.

The immigration rules in Mexico are very similar to the US. If the job your applying for cannot be filled by qualified Mexican labor, you're in like Flynn. Otherwise,if there is a Mexican national qualified and available for the position, your application for a work permit would be denied. And the colleges down here are cranking out a new generation of well educated people in the petrochemical and related fields. Rumor is though that the new President is going to try to relax restrictions of foreign investment in PEMEX, the national oil company and allow private contractors to come in to help with exploration and development. We'll have to see though.

7. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    WOW!! Thats good info! How much activity are you seeing in crude hauling there? Are they using tridem trailers?

8. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    What I'm seeing is they're using the same equipment as their US subsidiaries are using. Crude hauling? I really haven't been paying much attention to that. With the crude, they're using 9 axle 45 foot doubles.... That may be coming to an end nationwide soon as they negotiate a new NOM-012 which covers size and weights, especially in light of the propane tanker explosion in Ecatepec a couple of weeks ago.

What I'm seeing most active are the well service rigs, wirelines, etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.